PDA

View Full Version : Mass scheduled conversion of FLAC to AAC (CLI?)

sprogger
02-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Team
Apologies if this is the wrong section

I have a large (1300 albums) FLAC collection located on my media server. I have scheduked a regular backup of this library to my main server.

I am also an apple iphone user and therefore require an AAC (m4A) copy for Itunes ... In the past I have used dbpoweramp to manually convert new FLAC albums into AAC (laborious process)

I was wondering .. Is there a newbies guide on how to automate a dbpoweramp conversion such that it will run regularly to produce the AAC library? (assuming I use Windows Schedular)

What I am looking for is (I assume) the format of the command line that I need to imbed in the Windows task schedular..

Cheers
Sprogger

Spoon
02-04-2014, 04:24 AM
It is not possible to automate, however you can use Batch Converter, click your source folder, click Convert then when the overwrite page shows, click 'no to all' and only the new files will be written.

sprogger
02-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Spoon
Many thanks for the response ...

Two questions ..

First ... does the overwrite function have any intelligence in it? (does it only check if the folder/file exists or does it do date/time/CRC check)
Second .. I would imagine that there are many users of dbpoweramp who are running two libraries .. one lossless (flac, wav etc) for home sound systems and the other lossy for mobile devices (aac, mp3 etc)

Is there any requirement on future releases for scheduled batch conversions to be made available?

Cheers
Sprogger

Spoon
02-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Overwrite checks existence of the file.

There is always the possibility of such an addition.

sprogger
02-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Spoon
Thanks again

So here is my suggestion (for what its worth) ..

How about include an option on the batch converter menu that allows export of the executable command and parameters chosen to a flat file> (.bat)

This could then be executed using whatever scheduler users choose (windows, linux etal)

Is there somewhere illustrate collects user requirements?

Cheers
Sprogger

Spoon
02-05-2014, 04:28 AM
The wishlist section of this forum.

sprogger
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Spoon
Many thanks for your guidance .. added to the wishlist section.

Cheers
Sprogger