PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Album Art is moving albums/tracks to "Track to short for AccurateRip"

schoenof
02-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I had around 200 albums with Art (lower res around 500x500)...All in state "Albums Accurately Ripped" in AccurateRip...
I decided to use PerfectTUNES 1.0 to upgrade the Art to higher res (one-by one - in most cases I selected the "Perfect Tunes" suggested Art).
After this I ran PerfectTUNE AccurateRip and noticed that the ALL albums moved to status "Albums Not Present in AccurateRip" and specifically all have the error "Track too short for AccurateRip Verification"...If I go back to Album Art and UNDO the upgraded Art on a few then they go back to status "Accurately Ripped" in AccurateRip....

Very strange...Any suggestions? Known issue? Fixed in 1.5???

Thanks!

Tony

Spoon
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
What audio format are you using?

Try PerfectTunes R1.5 which is in the testing section of this forum.

schoenof
02-02-2014, 10:18 PM
FLAC...I installed 1.5 but tracks still in status "Albums Not Present in AccurateRip" and error "Track too short for AccurateRip Verification"...
I did the UNDO on all the albums and they are back to "Accurately Ripped" now....

I tried to upgrade the art again on a couple albums using 1.5 but the same problem occurred again...

EDIT: I copied one album to separate directory and cleared the DB cache and music library directories...Then pointed just at this new test dir so I can quickly do tests....The problem is 100% reproducible...

I also grabbed the upgraded art (Folder.jpg) before I did an undo and used mp3tag app to apply the same art and then rescanned with AccurateRip and it came up "Accurately Ripped"....so it is defintely something the Album Art is doing that is messing things up....

I also tried removing the art with mp3tag and letting Album Art try to add it fresh....but again the same issue...

schoenof
02-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Ran a bunch more tests...

If I click the "Clear Database Cache" button after using Album Art but before running AccurateRip then the the tracks come up as "Accurately Ripped"....
So it appears to me that the tracks themselves are fine....It appears that AccurateRip is using some old Cached data when analysing the tracks which is no longer valid after Album Art changed the art....

Hopefully this helps you track it down....very surprised that no one else has reported this as I assume FLAC is the main format most people are using...

Spoon
02-03-2014, 05:01 AM
AccurateRip does cache the data, however adding album art does not change the audio (or should not), if you are able to send before and after files where it says Too Short we can look at the files.

schoenof
02-03-2014, 10:40 AM
I have found that it is not all albums that have the problem...I have around 1300 albums and somewhere around 200 had the problem (but probably more since I didn't update the art on all 1300)....While trying to find a very small album to send to you, I have found many that are working fine after having art updated by Album art....

Where can I upload the files for one of the problem albums (300 to 500 MB)?

I also tried removing the art, batch converting the album flac-to-flac (to different dir) and rerunning tests (thinking there might have been some corruption in the FLAC container that re-converting might fix)....but still no improvement....problem albums continue to have the same issue....

I sent a dropbox link to (311 - 2004 - Greatest Hits '93-'03.zip)...This is the raw album in FLAC format with no art...Validate via PT-AccurateRip (should be validate rip)...then go ahead and apply art with PT-Album Art and then go back to PT-AccurateRip and you will see it will now be in "too short" error....

schoenof
02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
even more tests: Inspecting the files in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\PerfectTUNES

ARResultCache.bin is the file that has some "OLD" data in it that is causing the problem...
I can go from problem to no problem just by switching in and out this file...

Spoon
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
So if you remove this file, then have AccurateRip rescan fully after writing the new art in R1.5 there is no problem? it suggests a codec bug which was fixed.

schoenof
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes that is true...but play with the sample album I uploaded...You will see that this problem case still exists even if starting clean from 1.5 version....

Spoon
02-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Indeed it does, very strange, ok I have files to test against.

schoenof
02-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi Spoon...your latest 1.5 beta fixes the issue...thanks for quick support!

I went ahead and updated art on my entire collection (1000+ albums) with latest 1.5 beta and found 2 albums that changed from "Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD Original" to "Albums With Ripping Errors - Tracks x, y, z Have Errors"....Again if I clear the DB cache then both albums go back to "Cannot Check"....

I will upload the smaller of the 2 albums and PM a link to you....