PDA

View Full Version : Album Art Missing

dnelson9958
01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Hello, new user here! I've just ripped 90 cds into FLAC level 5, I decided I would rather use FLAC uncompressed so ran the batch converter against all the files. The conversion was successful but unfortunately there is a problem with the album art.

Individual tracks have the art associated with then, but the Album itself has lost the cover art. I'm using Kinsky, if I view by album the art is missing, if I view by individual track it appears. I've checked the directories and the JPG file is still there. I've also checked the id tags for the individual tracks and the art appears. Prior to the batch convert everything was ok.

Is it possible to retrieve the art at the 'Album' level or do I need to start again?

Thank you

garym
01-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello, new user here! I've just ripped 90 cds into FLAC level 5, I decided I would rather use FLAC uncompressed so ran the batch converter against all the files. The conversion was successful but unfortunately there is a problem with the album art.

Individual tracks have the art associated with then, but the Album itself has lost the cover art. I'm using Kinsky, if I view by album the art is missing, if I view by individual track it appears. I've checked the directories and the JPG file is still there. I've also checked the id tags for the individual tracks and the art appears. Prior to the batch convert everything was ok.

Is it possible to retrieve the art at the 'Album' level or do I need to start again?

Thank you

You probably didn't have the conversion settings setup properly to transfer the album art to the new files (as either a file within the album folder or embedded in file).

dnelson9958
01-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Garym, thanks for the reply. Is this something I can recover or do I have to start ripping again ?

Spoon
01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
The files have a folder.jpg in the same album folder?

garym
01-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Garym, thanks for the reply. Is this something I can recover or do I have to start ripping again ?

probably away of using something to move the art files over to new subdirectories. Not sure. but you certainly don't need to rerip. Worst case is to reconvert from the old FLAC files you started with.

dnelson9958
01-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi Spoon, the folder.jpg is still in the album folder for each album. Everything looks exactly as it did prior to conversion.

Spoon
01-28-2014, 03:48 PM
What is your UPnP server?

garym
01-28-2014, 03:49 PM
probably away of using something to move the art files over to new subdirectories. Not sure. but you certainly don't need to rerip. Worst case is to reconvert from the old FLAC files you started with.

ignore my response. sounds like the artwork is still where it is supposed to be, just not being read at the album level. That's a different issue than I thought.

dnelson9958
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Spoon, The server is Twonky on a Wd Mybook live I'm using until my new NAS arrives!

Spoon
01-28-2014, 05:25 PM
It is likely a Twonky issue, there are pages and pages about Twonky and album art issues.

dnelson9958
01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Spoon, you are correct. I restarted the Mybook and the album art has now appeared in Kinsky. I wish I'd thought of that earlier!

Thanks for your help and support, and Garym, thanks for your suggestions.