PDA

View Full Version : music convertor stalls and other dumb questions

justlaura
05-27-2002, 08:38 PM
I've been trying to rip songs off of my old (but still good) LPs with the auxiliary input. Everything seems to be operating fine until the conversion to Mp3 (lame) when, on the second song, it stalls at 20 % conversion (the second of five songs). I've tried it over and over again with the same results. OS is Windows XP.

When I pull up the program dialog (I don't know what you call it, but it's the window that tells you if the running programs are responding or not). The window tells me that dBpowerAMP is running. What am I doing wrong?

Plus, do you guys offer a "ripping for Dummies" manual? I find that I'm in the dark on some of the operational nuances even after reading the help section.

thanks in advance and for your help forums

MODatic
05-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Well I've had problems with Aux. Input where if you have lots of things running in the background, (an emulator in my case :D) Aux. input will be starved of CPU power and will either crash or output artifacted recordings. To solve it, I just hit Ctrl - Alt - Delete and got into task manager and found the Aux. Input process and right-clicked on it and set the priority higher, might help you, might not :cool:

justlaura
05-28-2002, 08:49 AM
That might be the problem since I have several programs running (virus control, zone alarm, pegasus e-mail et al) in the background.

I'll do a few adjustments and see..

thanks