PDA

View Full Version : Convert only newly created FLAC files to MP3

Ski Powder
01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi All,

I am looking for a quick way to identify/highlight and convert many newly added FLAC files from my FLAC file folder to my mp3 folder, without unnecessarily overwriting existing files. This also includes many new albums recently added to existing FLAC format artist folders that have already been converted.

It is difficult to determine what has been converted to mp3 and what has not...until you cant find it!

Thanks,
Ben

Spoon
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Select all your files with Batch Converter >> Convert

Then Convert again and when asked if want to overwrite, select 'No to All', only the new files will be encoded.

Dat Ei
02-28-2014, 03:12 AM
Hey Spoon,

Select all your files with Batch Converter >> Convert

Then Convert again and when asked if want to overwrite, select 'No to All', only the new files will be encoded.

that is the way it works, but I've experienced some performance problems (actually with R14). It seems that the runtime increases not linear with the number of files, but disproportionate. It took quiet some time just for the analysis of about 5.000 files with about 90% already converted files in the target directory. A look in the task manager showed me that the process does not consume too much CPU time, but increases memory allocation very slow (maybe by a lot of allocations of small amounts - just a guess). Not knowing your code, but being a software developer myself, I would guess, that the reason could be memory allocation, permanent sorting after inserting a single file or the use of a debug library.

Dat Ei

Spoon
02-28-2014, 04:20 AM
R15 made improvements in this area.

Dat Ei
02-28-2014, 04:49 AM
Hey Spoon,

R15 made improvements in this area.

I will check this out as soon as I can use the Fraunhofer mp3 codec with the batch converter.

Dat Ei