PDA

View Full Version : converting flag files to WMA including album art

pfriis
01-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I have ripped my CD's to FLAG files. This went pretty easy with dbpoweramp ripper. My CD's is now on my computer with album arts.

Next I am trying to convert the flag files with to WMA because my car-audio requires this format. I am converting to WMA codec 9.2, VBR quality 98, 44 kHz, Stereo. But unfortunately the album art did not follow the converting to WMA. Secondly I have tried adding folder.jpg preserve to the job.. This help me so I now can see the album art on my pc. But the album art is still missing when I play the files in the car.

I have tried to rip the CD directly to WMA. Following this process I get the album art attached to the WMA-files.

Anybody that have the description on how I can convert a flag files to WMA including the album art.. using dbpoweramp music converter or batch converter?

Spoon
01-05-2014, 06:43 PM
The album art is embedded in the wma files, for one file (which does not have folder.jpg), right click >> Edit ID Tags

the art would be shown if embedded.

pfriis
01-06-2014, 11:04 AM
The album art is embedded in the wma files, for one file (which does not have folder.jpg), right click >> Edit ID Tags

the art would be shown if embedded.

Thank you for your help. I can see that the album art is embedded in the wma file when I activate folder.jpg preserve. But still the album art is missing when I play the music in the car. So is there another way to convert flag-files to wma-files with album art embedded?

Spoon
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Your source files would have to have embedded album art for it to be embedded in the wma file, or you can use the DSP Effect 'ID Tag Processing' with the option 'import folder.jpg' set.

Once your wma file is created, remove any folder.jpg files, then look at the file >> right click >> Edit ID Tag to verify there is art embedded.

If there is art embedded and your player will not display it, then your player possibly cannot display album art that is embedded inside a wma file.

pfriis
01-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Hi, thanks to your description I have now made WMA files with embedded album art. Unfortunately my music player in the car will not show the album art, even though the files have ID Tags embedded.

When I rip a CD with dbpoweramp CD Ripper directly to WMA files, the car-music player shows the album art all right. Do you have an answer to what the different is to the 2 files: On ripped from CD - the other converted from a flag format?

Spoon
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Ripping >> WMA

and

Ripping >> FLAC >> WMA

should give identical files

pfriis
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Okay, it also looks like this when I compared the files. Still my car-audio player don't agree.. funny player :)

Thank you very much for the help. I think I will find my CD's from the basement at rip them again to agree to the car-audio player's mysteries needs..