PDA

View Full Version : Albums with artwork being reported as having none

Biggsy
12-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi all,
I'm running a trial version of PT BETA over my iTunes media folder. After scanning and indexing, the results come back with 99 albums having missing artwork, yet when I look in iTunes, each track in the random sample of albums that I've checked all look to be OK and the artwork shows up for each track on the albums correctly.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so is there something I can do to fix it? I want to buy the registered version, but I'm a bit hesitant to do so if there's problems.

Incidentally, I was having the same issue with the non-beta version of PT, so I don't think the beta version is the cause.

Cheers,
Dave

garym
12-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Keep in mind that itunes handles artwork very differently. If your files have embedded artwork, itunes will read this and also store a copy in its itunes internal art database. If you rip with itunes (or purchase from itunes store), there is no embedded artwork. Instead itunes directly stores this art in its own internal database. In this case, other programs can't see/read this artwork. To fix this manually, simply open each album, select all files in album, go to the artwork tab, copy the artwork, then right click and paste the artwork into the artwork tab. This will embed the art. If you have thousands of of files to do this to, there is a $5 program that automates this. It's called, iCoverArt. I've used it in the past and it worked perfectly.

Spoon
12-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes, if you were to take your files and put on a different computer they would have no album art, because iTunes have them internally.

Biggsy
12-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks both!

I'll figure out the best approach (I think it will probably be PT since it can fix up the low-res stuff whilst its about it)