PDA

View Full Version : No audio files selected for conversion

Laurent (Hifi)
12-22-2013, 04:35 AM
I run the batch converter on my Music folder (located on my NAS) to convert all non .aif files to .aif but the program does not see any file.
Interestingly enough when I change the double tick of a folder holding non .aif files to a single click then the files contained in that folder appear in the selection.

any idea how to solve this issue?

I have over 2000 artist sub folders under Music almost all of which contain multiple album sub folders so I really do not want to do this conversion manually...

thanks, Laurent

Spoon
12-22-2013, 05:49 AM
The double tick means that files and folders are scanned, where as the single tick means just the folder is scanned.

When you click Convert To it says no files for conversion?

Laurent (Hifi)
12-22-2013, 09:32 AM
when I click on Convert it says: No audio files selected for conversion.

all folders in the structure have a double tick at that moment.

Spoon
12-22-2013, 10:08 AM
A double green tick just means that there is a file somewhere in the tree, instead you want the two yellow folders to select that folder all sub folders.

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Exactly my situation: a double yellow tick. It shows on every folder in the folder tree and yet: 0 Audio Files Shown in Folder W:\Music\

Not sure if it plays a role but the W drive is a network drive.

Spoon
12-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Possibly, try copy one folder to your local hdd, does it convert files when copied to your local computer?

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 06:19 AM
just copied one folder to my desktop and ran the converter. The bottom left message on the screen says: 0 Audio Files Shown in Folder C:\... but when I hit List then the files appear. I have not converted them but I suppose it should work.

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Conversion worked fine on the files copied to my desktop. The problem remains on my NAS and copying all the music from my NAS to my computer isn't an option as there is not enough space to do so. Still stuck...

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I tried something different and excluded all file types from the filter with the exception of AIFF. The list displays 681 files where I would expect tens of thousands files.

Spoon
12-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I am thinking there is a security limitation somewhere on the NAS which is stopping Batch Converter from cataloging what is on the NAS.

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure how to verify this?

Spoon
12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
If you copy the files to your local PC, and see if it can do the conversion for it all.

Network drives should be transparent to the system, that is programs do not need to know if is a network share or local path because the same actions on a local drive should always apply on a network drive (if working correctly).

Laurent (Hifi)
12-23-2013, 03:51 PM
The user account used by DBPoweramp to access my NAS seems to be admin (I have temporarily disabled this account on my NAS to double check and "Diskstation" does not appear anymore when I expand the Network folder in DBamp so I guess this validates that accesses to my NAS are done with the admin account).

I have checked the privileges of the admin account on my Synology 412+ and it has read/write on every possible folder.

Is there a diagnose tool available for DBamp? I'm not sure how to move on with the resolution of this issue.

thanks, Laurent

Laurent (Hifi)
12-30-2013, 05:09 AM
I hope everyone had a great Christmas :-)

Still struggling with the Batch converter that cannot list the files to convert from my NAS. Here's another funny behavior:
1) Double yellow tick on every folder and yet no file selected.
2) I then browse to a folder which I know holds FLAC files: they appear on the right hand side of the screen and they are all checked.
3) I click on List: No Audio Files Selected for conversion

I ran the Music Converter on the same folder and it worked just fine.

Anything I can do to have this sorted out? Should I post a print screen?

Laurent (Hifi)
12-31-2013, 04:48 AM
Finally got the batch converter to work :-)

I reorganized my Music folder for the purpose of converting. Instead of having the Music/Artist/Albums tree I have grouped the Artists/Albums in smaller groups: Music/Artists (A-C) then Music/Artists (D-F) etc...

I have then only selected one folder at the time for conversion (the largest folder holds 14.000 files). It works just fine...

I assume the batch converter can only manage so many folders/files?

Problem solved.

thanks - Laurent

Spoon
12-31-2013, 05:00 AM
R15 (in the testing section) can manage any number as it is 64 bit.