PDA

View Full Version : Network Remote Control

kweller
05-26-2002, 04:13 AM
Enhanced keyboard support in dAP is an excellent feature allowing CD-type controls without having to fanny around with the mouse and window focus.

What would be even better would be the ability to control dAP from the keyboard of another PC on the same network. I'm not after anything parrticularly complex, just the ability to control volume, pause/play, stop, FF and Rew from the remote PC.

I think I'm right in saying that dAP has some sort of remote network functionality built in. If that's correct 'all' that's needed to implement this is a standalone module which combines that functionality with the enhanced keyboard support and is installed on the networked PC(s).

Of additional beneft to me with this is my music server, main machine and a couple of others are on a single KVM switch. I would be able to control dAP from my main PC without having to switch to the music server.

Kevin

Razgo
04-29-2004, 12:03 PM
i know it's about a year ago but any updates?

as i am wi-fi now, i am experimenting myself with this now. i can log inot my pc2 and start dap and play mucic but if i add a folder of music on pc2 it is extremely slow for some reason. arn't i just sending a command to pc2 to do this? i might delete dap from my laptop to make sure it's only pc2 that's operating dap.

as far as streaming music from pc1 , it is fine.