PDA

View Full Version : PerfectUNES running very slow doing artwork to a NAS

rweten
12-11-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm running PerfectTUNES to upgrade the artwork on my NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS).

It is taking about 5-10 minutes per album to write the artwork back to the NAS. As there are about 2000 albums to do, this is going to take a long time.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

My Win7 PC is running PerfectTUNES, my network is Gigabit Ethernet, and I can normally achieve write speeds of 20-30 Mbytes/sec.

I am trying to upgrade to higher resolution images (1000 x 1000 typically), which may be part of the problem, but it shouldn't cause that much of a problem?

Richard

Spoon
12-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Potentially if you copy the music to your PC, do the update, then copy back it will be faster.

Updating art in a FLAC file, the whole file needs to be shuffled to make room for the art, this is not optimal over the network (which has no caching abilities on write).

Spoon
12-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Email here please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

with reference to this thread, I think we will test this option automatically. We finish R15 of dBpoweramp the next 2 weeks, then PerfectTunes R1.5 will get a push for release.

bcdaus
01-06-2014, 04:24 AM
I am seeing a similar issue with a ReadyNAS which stores my music collection (10,000 tracks). Its taken 2 days to do a scan in the demo version. Don't think I'll be buying this app if thats the best its going to do. Copying from the NAS to the PC is not really an option due to the time that would take and space required.

Bill.

Spoon
01-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Scanning can potentially be slow, as the audio is read in its entirety and it is listened to by the program to fingerprint, it is not just reading the ID Tags.

On a fast network with a fast nas and a fast computer scanning times would be 1 hour for 10,000 tracks.

rweten
01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
On my set-up - fast network, fast computer, modest NAS, I was seeing scanning at about 3000 tracks an hour.

The write time was a much bigger issue - having scanned and set-up say 3000 tracks, I could kiss goodbye to the rest of the day as it worked through the artwork.

As I don't intend doing this kind of work with any great frequency, I can live with it. But would welcome enhancements in the next release.

R