PDA

View Full Version : PerfectTunes AccurateRip Incomplete Albums

AndrewFG
12-11-2013, 04:14 AM
I like your PerfectTunes AccurateRip application. Great work !!

However in the case of just a few of my CDs (about 1..2% of the total), your program is reporting the CD as an incomplete album, when it is actually a fully complete disk.

But oddly, in all these cases, your report contains two entries for each so called incomplete album. So for a CD having (for example) 10 tracks, the first entry in the report might say that 7 of the tracks are present (3 missing), and the second entry in the report says that 3 of the tracks are present (7 missing). So it looks as though the two incomplete albums mentioned in the report do between them actually cover all the 10 tracks of the full CD. And for some reason, the report is being confused into splitting the tracks into two separate incomplete albums.

=> Why would this be? And how can I fix it?

Spoon
12-11-2013, 04:28 AM
The album artist names and album names are identical for all 10 tracks?

AndrewFG
12-11-2013, 03:07 PM
The album artist names and album names are identical for all 10 tracks?

The 10 tracks was just a hypothetical number. But one of the CD concerned has 7 tracks. So I looked at the tags for all 7 tracks, and I can confirm that they all have the same album artist names and album names. However, I did notice that 6 of the tracks do not have Disk N of M tags, whereas 1 track has Disk 1 of 1. So I wonder if that could be the problem? I will try changing it and I will report back...

Spoon
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes all tracks need the same disc number otherwise it is seen as a different album.

AndrewFG
12-11-2013, 04:04 PM
... 6 of the tracks do not have Disk N of M tags, whereas 1 track has Disk 1 of 1

Yup. That was the problem.

PS the files are m4a alac...

AndrewFG
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. It certainly helped me to resolve my issues.

In case anyone faces the same trouble, the following are a couple of other cases where I found that PerfectTunes treated tracks of a single album as if they were in two separate incomplete albums:

a) I had one album where some of the tracks had (say) Artist=fred and AlbumArtist=fred but other tracks in the album just had Artist=fred and AlbumArtist was empty. In that case PerfectTunes treated these tracks as being part of two incomplete albums, whereas my player software (iTunes, JRiver and WMP) was treating them as being in a single album. So obviously PerfectTunes is a bit more picky...

b) I am not completely sure about this because I was changing a few tags in parallel. But I think I had one album where different tracks had different AlbumArt images, and PerfectTunes also treated them as parts of two separate incomplete albums...