PDA

View Full Version : proxy trouble with optusnet cable users

Razgo
10-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Are there other Australian users here that are having to use third party proxies to see this forum? and www.dbpoweramp.com?

i also cannot access http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/

i have been complaining to optusnet cable about their transparent proxy problems but it is an ongoing saga.

so i am using whatever 3rd party proxies i can find but they don't last long. so if i dissappear for a while it's probably because i have no access to the site.

RossRoy
10-20-2003, 12:29 AM
Not the first time I hear someone having problems with transparent proxies. But, why would using a third party proxy fix the problem? You are still going through the transparent one anyway no? Or maybe I am missing something here?

And you know, internet access companies need to get their act together! Here, I've not received a single email for 4 days now, they're having problems with the POP3 server I'm told, and at work, the SMTP server is on and off all the time! Is it really so hard to configure things to work? Argh! I can't take it anymore!

Razgo
10-20-2003, 12:43 AM
i'm not 100% sure. but i think the transparent proxy might still run in the backround. but if i manually put in a third party proxy i will be reading the cache from that server not the transparent one.

it has been ongoing for months on not being able to access some sites , but now it is effecting the very site do need access to! but it is dangerous for me to do behind the scenes admin activity because i don't know how secure the proxy server is that i am using.

so i am hoping they will just turn the bloody thing off!

Razgo
10-20-2003, 02:16 AM
i rang optus again and the guy said they have just identified a server
called everyonesnet which is blocking all optus customers.
207.218.245.36 is the offending IP. and it is this IP which is just
before dbpoweramp.com and hydrogenaudio.com. so that's why it hangs and i have no access here.

they had the same problem with AOL blocking optus a while ago to. so hopefully they will resolve the issue with this company soon.

dam! i can't blame the proxy this time! :D

Spoon
10-20-2003, 06:10 PM
That will be ev1.net rackshacks main company, see here:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?threadid=17187&highlight=optusnet

Razgo
10-20-2003, 08:48 PM
holly cows! according to that post it has been going on since January.

well all i know is optusnet has definatly seen that it is that IP that is being blocked by them and hopefully they have contacted them by now.

Razgo
10-21-2003, 07:25 AM
well the proxy is now working again :thumbup: :D