PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Sony Atrac3Plus

Millhouse
10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know if there is a codec that could be used to create atrak3plus files to burn for atrac cd players? Or, better yet, can anyone tell me ANY software that can do something like that. I know Nero doesn't support it. Only Sonicstage Simple Burner does but it sucks big time. Thnx

Unregistered
02-17-2004, 06:55 AM
yeah i have the same problem, help anyone?

Shadow_Spike
02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
I know that i was able to play an mp3 cd that was created using roxio cdcreater 5 by making a datacd project

Unregistered
08-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is a codec that could be used to create atrak3plus files to burn for atrac cd players? Or, better yet, can anyone tell me ANY software that can do something like that. I know Nero doesn't support it. Only Sonicstage Simple Burner does but it sucks big time. Thnx

youngy
09-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I too am pulling out my hair after ONCE creating an atrac cd, forming over 20 of my fave albums on one disc. I now fail to create a single solitary track using the same formula...Sony Sucks Ass...big time...can anyone help??

randomboy1986
12-07-2004, 06:14 PM
i had the EXACT same problem, your mising a critical microsoft patch, im guessing your using XP right? i went to sony's website and after sum hard core searching i found a live chat tech support. i still think i was talking to a bot based on the responses but they had a link that took me to the patch i needed to download, since then i have had no trouble burning ATRAC3plus CDs... its a shame it takes an HOUR to burn a full CD... SONY and microsoft get off on anti piracy :vmad:
good luck hope it fixes it for u

randomboy1986
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
MP3 is easy because it doesnt have copy protection and doesnt hafta convert to play on the player... ATRAC3plus is a converted format, ripping a CD using sonicstage rips it as an .omg file. the reason it takes an hour to burn a full ATRAC CD is because it converts from .omg to .atp at about 8 sec/song so 400*8= a lil over 53 minutes, then it burns it. if it werent for the anti piracy it wud take 8-10 mins instead of an hour. this is also the reason it doesnt sound the same on the CD as on the computer, when u convert u lose qality everytime, real time analog recording in LP4 sounds more accurate than burned LP2since it doesnt convert 2 extra times

randomboy1986
12-07-2004, 06:35 PM
due to the fact that SONY is paranoid about copying music 3rd party's cannot create a "straight to ATRAC3plus" converter SONY owns the rights and like i said earlier when its recorded onto the computer its an .omg file, im guessing they do it that way so its encrypted and wont let u freely copy and convert. if i were you id burn ur entire library in alpha order and write down all the CDs u put on each CD (it may take a good while so set it to burn a full ATRAC cd and then come back in an hour to change CDs and burn another set)
after you burn ur entire library in atrac format put each one back on your computer, copy them into folders and put a note in there telling you what CDs are on there. i dont know if you can make mixed CDs from it, but at least then you can copy all the ones in a folder and burn as a data CD so u dont hafta wait an hour thats the best advice i can give, and make sure u coppy ALL the files not just the atrac, im sure the other files have to do with copyright and garbage required for it to play and recognize the song locations

palosanto
12-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi everybody,
this is my first post :cool:

And this my first question:

How can I burn a CD with Atrac3plus files? I have record my guitar with my new mz-nh1 and I have transfer the files to my computer.

Now I can't burn a cd using the nero because (I have read some of the post) the are pretected, but anybody says that is possible to burn a CD during one hour. What program should I use to burn the cds?

Pleaseeee, help me.

palosanto :blush:

randomboy1986
12-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Hi everybody,
this is my first post :cool:

And this my first question:

How can I burn a CD with Atrac3plus files? I have record my guitar with my new mz-nh1 and I have transfer the files to my computer.

Now I can't burn a cd using the nero because (I have read some of the post) the are pretected, but anybody says that is possible to burn a CD during one hour. What program should I use to burn the cds?

Pleaseeee, help me.

palosanto :blush:

i know of 2 ways you can transfer to the computer,
1. get a HiMD player with line in recording, they are thje only MD players that do self recording uploads
2. google for an MD to computer cable, i think one site is called minidisco.com theres this really cool thing :cool: that plugs into the MDs headphone jack and plugs into the USB digitizing the audio signal and letting u put into MP3 or maybe WAV. THEN you can put it in any format u want and play away! good luck hope this helps