PDA

View Full Version : CD's

Celtic Mad
10-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Is there software out there that can delete music off non-rewritable cds?

RossRoy
10-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Didn't you just answer your own question by saying "non-rewritable"?? :rolleyes:

Anyway, because of the way the "non-rewritable" CD (or CD-R) are manufactured, you CANNOT delete anything from them. So, most of the time, if the burning crashed or if you decide you didn't burn what you really wanted on the CD, then the CD is lost. Hence why some people will make a try on a CD-RW to make sure everything is fine before doing the real write on a CD-R.

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Is there software out there that can delete music off non-rewritable cds?
You can almost always find cdr's for free or next to nothing after mail in rebates. Check the circulars for Office Max, Best Buy etc. Sooner or later they will have them. I just bought 100 for $10 with a $10 mail in rebate.

Spoon
02-22-2004, 12:49 AM
You can almost always find cdr's for free or next to nothing after mail in rebates. Check the circulars for Office Max, Best Buy etc. Sooner or later they will have them. I just bought 100 for $10 with a $10 mail in rebate.

I got Paint Shop Pro v7 full version for free with a box of 50, seemed good value to me for $20 or so.

RossRoy
02-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah there's often some very nice deals on CDR, too bad it isn't the case for DVD-r yet.. :(