PDA

View Full Version : AccurateRip.dll ?

Razgo
10-11-2003, 04:50 AM
is there supposed to be an AccurateRip.dll in my dbpoweramp folder for it to work?

i have been trying to figure why i still can't accuraterip fired up.

Razgo
10-11-2003, 04:58 AM
argh! never mind i found the last AccurateRip.dll Spoon sent me and put that in. now it works.

it gets a bit confusing sometimes. it looks like the only way to get the AccurateRip.dll file is to install dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 10 Beta 8 which has the AccurateRip.dll with it. but that does't work from the supplied link as only the latest Release 10 Release Candidate 1.1 Updated To Rc1.1 is availible and that won't work because it doesn't come with the AccurateRip.dll.

so something to keep in mind when uninstalling and reinstalling dmc or accuraterip is to keep a backup copy of the AccurateRip.dll file.

but i think Spoon is seperating all this soon?

Wayne
10-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Now I understand why I can't get dMC to configure my drive for AccurateRip after upgrading to RC 1.1.

I thought that I had found a bug which would hold up the full release of dMC Release 10.

Phew,
Wayne

Razgo
10-11-2003, 09:25 AM
well this is the dll file i put in the dbpoweramp root directory accuraterip dll file (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumpics/AccurateRip.dll)

Wayne
10-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks, I now have AccurateRip up and running. Also, thanks to the latest AccurateRip database, I have also configured my CD Writer drive. At some point I'll forward the offset information onto Spoon so that he can add it to the list on the website.

Wayne

Razgo
10-11-2003, 09:07 PM
well that's interesting as it also solved my problem of accuraterip not finding my cd's. which was odd because it was mine and Spoon's cd collection that was the first in the database. but getting that dll file right and bingo! everything works :D

Spoon
10-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Yes sorry, I forgot - I have removed the AccurateRip from the standard dMC install (uninstalling the old version of dMC will remove AccurateRip), I need to make an AccurateRip install ASAP.

Razgo
10-12-2003, 07:00 PM
no biggie Spoon, we are still in beta anyway. and it keeps us all on our toes too :D

Spoon
10-13-2003, 06:40 PM
www.accuraterip.com >> Software contains a link to download the AccurateRip Function.

Razgo
10-13-2003, 07:56 PM
cool, thanks Spoon :thumbup:

Unregistered
11-24-2003, 10:48 PM
I've been lurking around here quite a while getting lots of good tips on DAE without having to ask (who'd a-thunk it?) Some pretty knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts in here.

I caught this thread here on accurate rip because I can't get my unreg'd copy to work. (I still have some evaluation time left) Is that the problem? Or, is the version I have (1.0.0.1) the problem? I had nieither good nor bad luck getting AccurateRip to work thus far because I would like to know what read+write settings I need for my LG 8520B Writer?

Razgo
11-25-2003, 12:21 AM
according to this site your offset is: http://www.ping.be/satcp/eacoffsets01.htm

if you haven't already download accuraterip here and install which will make sure everything is there. install to where you have dap/dmc installed.

http://www.accuraterip.com/software.htm

and check this list to see if you have any key disks. http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm

also what is the errors you are getting? or nothing happening?

no harm in having the latest dmc installed either: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2261

Razgo
11-25-2003, 12:42 AM
i don't think accuraterip needs to be registered?

Unregistered
11-25-2003, 02:42 PM
i re-installed the latest accuraterip app, db as well as dap and dac yesterday as per above links.
I referred to the list in above link for Key disks. I used about 25 or more from that list but only 2 were recognized. I found that strange that I would have such bad odds. Despite being successful only 2 times, accuraterip requested 3 more disks because it found different read/write offsets for these 2 CD. I might slog thru a couple more stacks of Key CD's before I give up. Nonethless, my quest for offsets will press on. I thought this might be the easiest way. Alas!
Thnx

Unregistered
11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Sorry, forgot to include in the previous reply...
Your link to coasterfactory drive db i've checked before. The LG drive referred to in that one is for a CD-ROM. Mine is a writer 52x24x52 (CD-RW GCE 8520B to be exact) I've been receiving pretty low offset numbers but inconsistently using EAC's wav compare.

Spoon
11-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Keep feeding the discs, when 3 offsets match it will be the correct value.

Razgo
11-25-2003, 08:42 PM
accuraterip requested 3 more disks because it found different read/write offsets for these 2 CD
i think this is telling us something here.

after finding the offset it really shouldn't be asking for 3 more cd's. i do remember this happening once for me where a bad cd returned a +2000 instead of my normal +6

also even though we might have the same key disk, there might be different pressings which give a different id for that disk/cd batch of music that was released.

do you remember which 2 cd's it found to get the offset? and what was the offset noted as?

it still accepts those 2 cd's and returns the same result/offset as before?

Razgo
11-25-2003, 08:43 PM
oh, i didn't realize you need 3 disks to be found.

twitch
11-26-2003, 01:44 PM
i think this is telling us something here.

after finding the offset it really shouldn't be asking for 3 more cd's. i do remember this happening once for me where a bad cd returned a +2000 instead of my normal +6

also even though we might have the same key disk, there might be different pressings which give a different id for that disk/cd batch of music that was released.

do you remember which 2 cd's it found to get the offset? and what was the offset noted as?

it still accepts those 2 cd's and returns the same result/offset as before?

The first Key CD was Shania Twain - "Come On Over" The other one was Foo Fighter - "The Color and the Shape" I refed the these CD's but accuraterip continued to ask for 3 more key CD's. Like I said...I tried 25 or more and have about 20 titles left that match but my odds of 2 out of 25 aren't very promising.
I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't tell you what numbers I given. All of them were below +50. The "Come On Over" CD returned the same set of numbers everytime, but "The Color and the Shape" returned a different set.