PDA

View Full Version : Folder image

NoMore
11-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Im a long time user of DBPowerAmp and just bought PerfectTunes. My albums are organized by Artist and Album, some of my albums have the folder art (folder.jpg) but not the art tag inside the music file. PerfectTunes didnt list those albums so i can fix them. Is that a bug or normal behavior? Also i would like to fix the size of the artwork not only the maximum size. Is that expected for some future release?

Thanx in advance

NoMore

Spoon
11-25-2013, 06:15 AM
For the albums to be listed, the tracks have to have ID tags.

NoMore
11-26-2013, 12:25 AM
For the albums to be listed, the tracks have to have ID tags.

Thanx for answering, but all tags but the album art are present on those files, Artist, Album, Title, Track *, etc...

Spoon
11-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Are you certain these files are being scanned? if you clear the database (from the control centre, then set it to rescan) it should show the exact number of tracks you have whilst scanning.

leeje
12-21-2013, 02:35 PM
I too am a long time user of DBPoweramp. I am having the same problem with my newly purchased PerfectTunes. My .mp3 files are newly digitized, tagged with DBPoweramp, and have a folder.jpg art present in the same folder. PerfectTunes scans all of the files and shows the artwork, but when the fix button is pressed, no album art is present. I have tried adding the album art with dbpoweramp on this present set of files, as well as others. I get mixed results adding the artwork with dbpoweramp, sometimes it works and sometimes not. After fixing with PerfectTunes, I still see no album art show up with the dbpoweramp editor or with the Zune player that I use. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Jim Lee

Spoon
12-21-2013, 04:02 PM
> but when the fix button is pressed, no album art is present.

Check that your firewall is not blocking PerfectTUNES from accessing the internet.

You see new art being saved in PerfectTUNES?

leeje
12-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you for your reply. PerfectTunes is able to get and replace the actual folder.jpg file in the album folder with a higher quality image, but no artwork is added to the files. I have been able to add folder art to the files with DBPoweramp, but with mixed results (doesn't always work). I was hoping that PerfectTunes would reliably add the artwork to the files. This is on an XP machine. Is there a solution for adding the artwork to the files? My .mp3's have all been tagged with DBPoweramp. I'm currently using R14. It works perfectly for me with everything but this album art problem.

Thanks,
Jim Lee

Spoon
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Where are the mp3s stored? on a local HDD or on a network share?

leeje
12-22-2013, 12:46 PM
They are stored on a local HDD.

Spoon
12-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Lets try something:

save this file:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/a.mp3

To your music folder. It is a test mp3 file with just the tag Coldplay and X&Y for album, save it to a new folder (if you have already this album, then move the proper album somewhere PerfectTUNES cannot index).

Next run the album art program, make sure that 'Embed Art' option is selected (when click the spanner icon top right), click fix and it should find art and tag that file. Close the program and then right click on file >> Edit Tag

Does art appear in the file?

leeje
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
OK, that worked. I looked at the tag on the test file you sent with the DBPoweramp editor. I noticed that only the Artist, Title, and Album fields ware filled. When I tag my files I normally fill the Date and Genre fields too. I decided to clear the tags on two albums that would previously not take art work, re-tag them, and try adding artwork to the fresh tags. That worked with both DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes. Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
Jim Lee

leeje
12-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Also, with this experiment, I noticed that there were two albums that PerfectTunes said it couldn't find folder images for. I have folder images stored in the folders as folder.jpg files. Perfect tunes could see them, but would not use the local image to fix the tag on the file(s). Is there a way to force PerfectTunes to use the existing folder.jpg to embed in the file tag?

Thanks,
Jim Lee

Spoon
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
There is no provision for PerfectTunes to import the folder.jpg file.

Send over one of your mp3 files which will not embed the art for please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

leeje
12-23-2013, 02:55 AM
I sent a V1 and V2 copy of an mp3 file I was working with earlier today. V1 won't take the folder.jpg artwork with the DBPoweramp editor, but V2 took it just fine (tagging, then embedding image, then adding date and genre fields). PerfectTunes could not locate artwork for this particular file, but I will try to find another example that it can locate artwork for later.

Thanks,
Jim Lee