PDA

View Full Version : converted files will be tagged with \\ instead of &

mamema
11-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi

all my ripped flacs with Batch Ripper have a Artist tag \\ instead of & when several Artists have created the song eg: Peter Gabriel\\Kate Bush instead of Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush how i want it.
Where can i change this automated behavior?

Regards

mamema

Spoon
11-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Perhaps you have added & to the character replacement? because by default CD Ripper would not change this value (as it is valid for filenames):

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?13285-Totally-Clearing-dBpoweramp-from-the-System

That will reset dbpoweramp it an original configuration if you cannot get beyond this issue.

mamema
11-24-2013, 07:06 AM
havent changed anything its a default installation. Didn't the tags come from the AMG (the thing we have to pay for stuff)?

Spoon
11-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I understand fully now, the disc you are ripping has 2 artists, when ripping to flac they are stored internally as separate artists, which ever program you are using will show the tags depending on the program, for example if you right click >> Edit ID Tag in dbpoweramp it will be shown as:

artist1; artist2

Mp3 tag might show as:

artist1//artist2

This is 100% correct, the artists are stored correctly, so if you load that track in a player it can be searched on the first artist and the 2nd artist.