PDA

View Full Version : A bug or a feature?

mamema
11-13-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi,

i'm registered dbpoweramp user and everytime i'm searching for new apps around music i'm back with illustrate. :smile2: . now i'm evaluating asset upnp and have a few questions/remarks

1.) i have a large library and using the "file/folder browse" function. There i have every artist from a-z in a list (Organized Artist/Album on the hdd). Whenever i dig into a albums folder and going back up in the structure to the a-z listing. The listing will build up again, but it then is suddendly no longer sorted and starts from letter E for example. I then have to go completely out of the folder browse tree and go back into it, then its sorted again. I only have this in the browsing folder tree. Not in Other trees like Artist/Album etc.
Is this known?
2.) Search is possible everywhere (even though not with substrings - highly recommended) but not in browse folder structure. Why is that?
3.) As i believe that the search is build with SQL database queries it would be nice for future versions if users are able to create their own queries if they are knowledgable enough...

Regards

mamema

Spoon
11-13-2013, 05:39 AM
1) potentially is down to the control point you are using
2) search is only done on the database, the browse tree is not in the database
3) there is potential for this in R5

mamema
11-13-2013, 06:53 AM

Thank you for the quick answer. I would vote for 2.) to be included in the database then :smile2:

mamema
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM

Coming back to No 1.

I've contacted a colleague of mine which uses the same iPad app, the same Marantz Playing Device, but a different UPNP DLNA NAS Solution (he uses RIPNAS). There he hasn't this issue. So the only difference is, that he isn't using asset upnp...... leads me to the conclusion asset upnp is the culprit......

Spoon
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
The RipNAS uses Asset UPnP internally.

mamema
11-14-2013, 06:25 AM
The RipNAS uses Asset UPnP internally.

what a coincedence :-)
So why do i have this issue with the 4.1 latest (now registered) version on W2K8 Server and my colleague doesn't have it on a RIPNas. Sure Ripnas has surely WHS running...... What else can i do? I'm a little bit lost as the only control software on my iPad which works with my renderer is the one from the vendor but there exactly i have this issue.......