PDA

View Full Version : Missing Delete All button?

flapinux
11-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Not sure if this is just a dead simple feature that was overlooked... But 3003 duplicates in my collection. I seriously don't want to find & click delete buttons for each one over 3000 times...

Then again, looking in the options, I don't see any batch delete settings (like always keep the highest bit rate version of each song).

Is this missing on my install or just "the feature I bought the application for, but it doesn't have".?

Spoon
11-07-2013, 06:57 PM
It is by design, any deletion has to be verified on a file by file basis.

Often there are false duplicates (where a cover version is identified as a duplicate of the original), or you might have the same track but on different albums, so the duplicate is intentional if you have albums.

As an example read this:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?31199-De-Dup-deleting-all-sorts-of-music

lyster
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I came here looking for the answer to the same question. I have been using a combination of the old MusicIP, and EF Duplicate MP3 Finder (both of which work with flac files). I have been a DB Poweramp user for quite some time, and love the product, so I thought I would give Perfect Tunes a try. Deleting more than a 1000 songs one by one is ridiculous. Those other two programs don't make you do that. What I'm looking for is a program that will remove the less desirable of two duplicate files (the corrupt one, or the lesser bit rate song, for example). I don't care about keeping albums together - I very rarely listen to an entire album anyway. (Have not done that since the days of CD-Roms and vinyl disks.)

When you reply that making the de-duplicator nearly useless was done purposely by design, it gives me pause. Is there any plan to fix this "design flaw"?

Spoon
12-09-2013, 04:59 AM
R2 might include an duplicate album delete, it is unlikely we will have one button which wipes what PerfectTUNES thinks is a duplicate.

lyster
12-09-2013, 11:23 AM
R2 might include an duplicate album delete, it is unlikely we will have one button which wipes what PerfectTUNES thinks is a duplicate.

Too bad. For someone like me, who organizes my songs into albums as sub-directories under the artists, I'll never need to remove a duplicate album (as I never have them). What I do need is to remove duplicate songs - and there can be a lot of them. (Too many to do one at a time.) Why not have a way to move those duplicates to another place so if you goof you can always get the songs back? That's what I do now with EF Duplicate MP3 finder. Perfect Tunes should have the ability to determine which of two songs is the better one to keep or to move.