PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading Arcade Fire - Reflektor - Disk 1

endian
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi,

When I load Disk 1 of Reflektor (released last week), my DVD reader seems to hang, continuously trying to read something for minutes, until I press the eject button. I am using an iMac 27 inch 2010 with an OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H drive.

The dbPowerAmp ripper just hangs and the title bar says (not responding) until I eject the disk.

If I start Windows Media Player instead I get the same behavior.

Is there anything you would advise me to try to get this disk to play / rip on my PC?

/ Kenneth

PS: The CD plays nicely on my stereo.

Spoon
11-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Potentially it has copy protection which puts your drive into an endless loop trying to read the disc. There is nothing you can do with this disc and drive combination.

daviditovey
11-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I had same problem and the computer kept hanging, but having left it for several hours apparently trying to open the CD-ROM folder with itunes open, the CD finally loaded. To be honest I don't know what made the difference but I had already swapped one CD at the shop so it does seem to be a problem with the CD. I'm surprised no one else has noticed it.

Hi,

When I load Disk 1 of Reflektor (released last week), my DVD reader seems to hang, continuously trying to read something for minutes, until I press the eject button. I am using an iMac 27 inch 2010 with an OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H drive.

The dbPowerAmp ripper just hangs and the title bar says (not responding) until I eject the disk.

If I start Windows Media Player instead I get the same behavior.

Is there anything you would advise me to try to get this disk to play / rip on my PC?

/ Kenneth

PS: The CD plays nicely on my stereo.

stampie
11-12-2013, 04:04 AM
I think it has something to do with the 10 minute hidden track that's present before 1. Reflektor. It showed up and ripped fine on my PC using a Liteon iHAS624 B.

I've since played the ripped FLAC files fine.
Nick