PDA

View Full Version : convert all flac-files to mp3-file AND keep / copy file structure as well

itzlbritzl
10-27-2013, 06:03 AM
is there a possibility to confirgure batch converter in way so that it also copies file- /folder-structure?

i want the arrangement of all folders be exactly the same as is it in the flac department.

the way batch converter works now it "throws" all files together in one path... impossible to find certain trakc or albums afterwards in windows explorer.

could you please help? thank you!

garym
10-27-2013, 06:49 AM
is there a possibility to confirgure batch converter in way so that it also copies file- /folder-structure?

i want the arrangement of all folders be exactly the same as is it in the flac department.

the way batch converter works now it "throws" all files together in one path... impossible to find certain trakc or albums afterwards in windows explorer.

could you please help? thank you!

In the "folder" just above dynamic row enter the location where you want this to be put. So, for example, in my case I have files arranged like this:

c:\All Music Files\FLAC\Artist\Album\Tracks...

If I want to create an mp3 mirror contained in C:\MP3COPY directory, I'd enter in the "FOLDER" space: C:\MP3COPY
Then in the dynamic naming I set the following:
[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][][]

(note the "[][]" at the end above.

The resulting files end up with same directory structure, but in
C:\MP3COPY\ARTIST\ALBUM\TRACKS....

You can use as many of the [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER] codes as you need. I needed two (to get rid of "All Music Files" and "FLAC". Note that you need a "[]" at the end of the string for every one of these "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]" codes that you use.

a couple of other thoughts.

In the conversion screen, I add the DSP for Replay Gain. Then set it for both track and album gain, using EBU R128 (and you might do the write itunnorm tag as well, if using these mp3 files in ipod/iphone. Can't hurt anything, just another tag field.

I also add the DSP for ID TAG PROCESSING. Within this, click on "settings' then Manipulation tab, then under artwork I select "import from" cover.jpg, with max size 500x500 and 'any' on file size. I also select "force embedded to jpg". This takes my single art file in an album subdirectory and imports it as embedded art within each mp3 file.

itzlbritzl
10-28-2013, 12:45 AM
thanks.... why cant there be a convert-to-mp3-and-keep-everything-else-like-it-is-button :-)

garym
10-28-2013, 06:59 AM
thanks.... why cant there be a convert-to-mp3-and-keep-everything-else-like-it-is-button :-)

There is, but they would end up mixed in with your flac tracks. I don't think you want that.

john.d.doucette
10-31-2013, 06:09 AM
When I get to the convert screen I can set a value in the "Output Location: Folder" field as described above. However, I cannot access the "Output Location: Dynamic" field. It is grayed out. It there preference setting or something to allow access to this field?

garym
10-31-2013, 06:20 AM
When I get to the convert screen I can set a value in the "Output Location: Folder" field as described above. However, I cannot access the "Output Location: Dynamic" field. It is grayed out. It there preference setting or something to allow access to this field?

Do you have the registered version of dbpa?

john.d.doucette
10-31-2013, 06:50 AM
I have a licenced version 14.4 of dBpoweramp. Does "registered" imply something different then "licenced"
dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack
Release 14.4
DSP Effects: Release 9
Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server
dBpoweramp CD Writer:
Audio CD burning simplicity

Spoon
10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
You would require the reference version to access the dynamic option.

Doug 808
11-05-2013, 06:11 AM
[I][I]I also add the DSP for ID TAG PROCESSING. Within this, click on "settings' then Manipulation tab, then under artwork I select "import from" cover.jpg, with max size 500x500 and 'any' on file size. I also select "force embedded to jpg". This takes my single art file in an album subdirectory and imports it as embedded art within each mp3 file.

Is this necessary if the original .flac files already have embedded jpg? I've done only one batch convert so far, and assumed embedded art within the .flac file will carry over to the .mp3 file. Also, my folder art files are named 'folder.jpg' so should I use that instead of 'cover.jpg' - or am I completely misunderstanding the purpose of the DSP for ID TAG PROCESSING?

garym
11-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Is this necessary if the original .flac files already have embedded jpg? I've done only one batch convert so far, and assumed embedded art within the .flac file will carry over to the .mp3 file. Also, my folder art files are named 'folder.jpg' so should I use that instead of 'cover.jpg' - or am I completely misunderstanding the purpose of the DSP for ID TAG PROCESSING?

I use "cover.jpg"....dbpa will also work with folder.jpg or even [albumname].jpg. So this was just an example. Not sure if you need to do the ID
TAG Processing to get artwork if you already have embedded art in the flac. I'd try to convert a flac file without the DSP and see if the art shows up in the mp3 file. If it does, DSP not needed. If it doesn't, then you'll still need the DSP to embed the artwork. Even if you need the DSP, you set this up once and never need to change it again for future converting. You'll also likely want to add the ReplayGain DSP so you can add RG tags to your mp3 files if you want those.

MerlinOffshore
11-20-2013, 09:35 AM
There really should be an option to preserve the file structure within a chosen folder. The dynamic naming string is not exactly intuitive!

Spoon
11-20-2013, 10:06 AM
We used to have such an option, and about 50% of the time it did not work as people wanted, because mostly peoples files might be in C:\users\accountname\music\

MerlinOffshore
11-21-2013, 06:56 AM
I followed the above advice to put the converted mp3 files into a mp3 folder and retaining the existing file structure:

Original FLAC files: C:\Users\Myname\Music\FLAC\Artist\Album\Tracks

Dynamic string: [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][][][][]

This did not work and all the converted songs are mixed together not in artist or album folders. What can I do? Thanks.

garym
11-21-2013, 07:06 AM
I followed the above advice to put the converted mp3 files into a mp3 folder and retaining the existing file structure:

Original FLAC files: C:\Users\Myname\Music\FLAC\Artist\Album\Tracks

Dynamic string: [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][][][][]

This did not work and all the converted songs are mixed together not in artist or album folders. What can I do? Thanks.

did you select an "mp3" folder as the folder location in the "folder" row just above the dynamic string row in the converter? Something like:

c:\users\Myname\Music\mp3\

MerlinOffshore
11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
yes.

garym
11-21-2013, 09:05 AM
hmmm. should work. I do the same thing on my end and end up with a mirror mp3 parent directory. Perhaps you should play around a bit with the number of [trimfirstfolder] commands. What if you use only 3 of these?

Also, Does the c:\users\myname\music\mp3 folder get created? If so, is it simply empty?

MerlinOffshore
11-21-2013, 09:08 AM
it put the songs in the right place but not in folders.

MerlinOffshore
11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I created the folder and pointed the programme to it.

Spoon
11-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Try removing some of your [trimfirstfolder] as it seems you are trimming too many.

MerlinOffshore
11-24-2013, 05:55 PM
That solved the problem, thanks.