PDA

View Full Version : De-Dup deleting all sorts of music

hificinema
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi,
One of our customers saw de-dup and has merrily told it to go a delete duplicates.
The trouble is, it has deleted all sorts of things including whole albums (including a recording of a friend that doesn't have any duplicate), parts of albums and all sorts of other tracks with no duplicates. Now when he goes to play an album, the system will play part of an album and stop where tracks have been deleted.

He has been trying to re-rip (with DBPpoweramp) albums that have been partly deleted, but now he's getting multiple CDs (of the same one) being listed (e.g. on Linn Kinsky, via Asset UPnP), and seemingly random numbers of tracks in each

Is there a way of recovering his files?
What rules does de-dup use to delete files? - so we can see what it's done to try and undo it.
Is there a simple way of re-combining the files that should belong to one album? (I assume this may be a labelling problem with the re-rip even though he's told DBPoweramp to over write the existing - the re-rip is actually being done on a different machine with another copy of DBPoweramp)

Any help would be appreciated, we have a desperate customer!
Thanks

Spoon
10-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Are you 100% sure it was our de-dup, I ask because with PerfectTUNEs de-dup to remove a track the user has to click 'delete', a duplicated album of 10 tracks would require 10 clicks, and de-dup by default puts deleted items into the recycle bin.

There is no automatic deletion of duplicates, by design.

vw151
01-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Are you 100% sure it was our de-dup, I ask because with PerfectTUNEs de-dup to remove a track the user has to click 'delete', a duplicated album of 10 tracks would require 10 clicks, and de-dup by default puts deleted items into the recycle bin.

There is no automatic deletion of duplicates, by design.

Is there a way to enable automatic deletion. I have multiple copies of my music library and therefore am not afraid of an accidental loss of data, however my library is very large and has a large amount of duplicates. I don't want to have to click delete 34,000 times.

Spoon
01-17-2015, 12:59 PM
There is currently no automatic deletion option, sorry.