PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical or solid state storage.

kennymadone
10-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Not sure whether this is the correct place to ask this question,(please advise on another forum/site if inappropriate ), but what do users of dbpoweramp think of the the two storage mediums for ripping their cds to.I have read reports that say that one storage medium is better than another, but what is the concensus of dbpoweramp users. Does it make a difference ?. I am presently using mechanical storage, but the noise of the drives and the cooling fan on the external unit are quite distracting and using solid state would alleviate my problems.I look forward to (hopefully) receiving a reply, cheers everyone.

Spoon
10-14-2013, 07:24 AM
The only difference is the noise from operating the drive.

kennymadone
10-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Cheers " Da Man " I will probably look at installing solid state. I know it is more expensive than mechanical, but I have only just over 300 discs so capacity/ cost is not of such an importance, thanks.

kennymadone
11-30-2013, 08:59 AM
I have now installed a new ssd ( 256GB ). A new question is, if I re-ripped all my CDs to the new ssd, will I have to delete all the previous data that dBpoweramp stored on my C drive as I now have a better drive for ripping than my previous drive ( more accurate at reading ), if so what is the procedure?. I look forward to your reply.

Spoon
11-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Data files are datafiles, the tracks you have on drive c are going to be 100% identical to the ones you rip to the ssd, you can save yourself reripping and simply move the files.