PDA

View Full Version : DSP to Calculate Beats per Minute and add to BPM field

VMV
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Sorry if this has been requested before, but I'm a new user and couldn't find it in the forums. Would it be possible to develop a DSP that calculates beats per minute during ripping and writes the result in the BPM tag? There are a few free tools for doing this with mp3 files, but I've decided to rip my CDs to flac format. Also, doing this as part of the ripping process seems much more efficient than post processing the files with a separate tool (except for the programmer of the DSP add in :smile2:).

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Victor

sugarmonster
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Old thread, but since I was looking for this myself today I thought I'd reply. Doesn't look like it's in the box, but there is a DSP that will spawn an external application on the converted file so if you can find a command line app to do it then you could apply it as part of the process. It's still post processing the file, but at least it's not another manual step.

Of course now you need to find an app that will calculate the BPM and write the tag. There are a few bits and pieces out there that look promising but I've not seen anyone put them together yet. Then again I've only looked for 10 minutes - I'll have a proper scout around later.