PDA

View Full Version : DeDup -showing file names

dbpamp
09-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi there,
I've just started using this program. It finds duplicates but then when they are displayed, it shows the song names and not the file names.
Thanks to iTunes, there are many songs that are real duplicates and there are two files in the same folder e.g. song.file_format and, song(2).file_format.

Of course I would rather keep song.file_format rather than song(2).file_format. How can I tell which one to delete directly from the DeDup output?

I saw that there was a chance that album view might become available in r2 where two possibly duplicated albums could be shown side-by-side.

It would also be really useful to have a per album view where all files were shown but all files such as song(2).file_format
(and song(3).file_format etc ) were already selected for deletion (unless this exists somewhere and I've missed it - apologies if so).

regards,
d

dbpamp
09-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi all,
Am I missing something in how to use DeDup. Does it show the duplicate song file names somewhere (as opposed to song name only)?
Regards,
d

Spoon
09-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Click the 'i' next the length of the track, it will show filename.

Or you can export to excel (settings spanner icon top right >> export duplicate list)