PDA

View Full Version : Transfer DVD to CDROM

moesee
10-02-2003, 10:34 PM
I'm trying to transfer a 9 min. DVD to CDROM. The file is only approx. 540MBs so it should fit on a CDROM. I have been successful taking the actual video portion of the file and transferring that to CDROM. My question is can I create an automatic playback so that when it is inserted in the CDROM drive it will be recognized and played by something like real player or windows media. Below are the files from the CDROM. The bottom file is the video file and the rest are supporting files of which I don't know their function. Any help would be appreciated. Moesee

RealOne Player audio file
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_1
VOB file type

RossRoy
10-03-2003, 01:55 AM
Just make sure all the files are inside a VIDEO_TS folder and windows might recognize the disc as being a DVD movie (assuming you have a software DVD-Video player like WinDVD or PowerDVD).

If not, have a look at www.doom9.org and in the guides section check the miniDVD section.. If you look at the last part, the burning part, it should tell you how to place your files on a CD-Rom and how to configure your burning software to create a CD that will play just like a DVD