PDA

View Full Version : Calendar

donny
10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Razgo I see you are testing the events in the calendar...
will there be events in the calendar like the releases of dap versions and such?

and will we add music related stuff or something like that?

one thing that is very close is the Monty Python anniversary - 5 october. They have started in 1969.

Spoon
10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Well you cannot miss the beta section anymore...

What is the 'Add to Reputation' button?

Razgo
10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
lol, i made the text a little smaller but still bigger because people keep asking where is the beta products. so hopefully it will be more apparent now :D

I don't think Spoon wants to put release dates in the calendar because if he doesn't make the date many might complain and ask questions. i think Spoon prefer's to surprise us :D

the "reputation system" was something new for vb3. the intention of it is for users to add or subtract reputation based on the post another user has made. basically if the post was very helpfull then you would add to the reputation which in turn gives other users a reference point on how others rate that user.

on some forums it is usefull but on others it may not make any sense.

we can turn that function off if you want. as it probably doesn't serve any real purpose on this forum.

Spoon
10-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Yes please switch it off.

Also perhaps switch the skins at the bottom only on for the skin forum.

donny
10-02-2003, 06:50 PM
I didn't think putting future releases on the calendar - I meant previous - for stuff like anniversaries:)

Razgo
10-02-2003, 09:47 PM
I didn't think putting future releases on the calendar - I meant previous - for stuff like anniversaries:)
ah ok, that sounds good.

reputation is now switched off.

Also perhaps switch the skins at the bottom only on for the skin forum.
can you be more exact? it is a bit of code that pulls the info needed for the random skins on the skin site and re displays it here. basically the way i have done it all i need to do is put "$thumnails" anywhere inside this forums templates and it will display the images there.

i just need to find where the skin forum postbit or template actually is. i will have a go anyway.