PDA

View Full Version : Frame Re-rips

Sunfist
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Just curious and thought I would ask, what exactly is a 'Frame'. Is it a fixed amount of data? Is this some standard or just something within dbpoweramp that they use to find and correct data errors? In regards to this, how many errors are 'acceptable' generally. I would think like 20 or 30 is bad, but I have had 6 or 7 and hear no problems when I play the resulting song. Is there some guideline here or is it just whatever a person feels comfortable with.

Spoon
09-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Depends on the user, I try to get all my rips error free, if there is a problem then you can listen to the track carefully.

garym
09-04-2013, 07:14 AM
a frame is a *very* short segment of the file. I try to get error free or accuraterip match, but occasionally I can't. I listen carefully to track and if I don't hear anything odd (clicks, skips, etc.), then I move on and use that rip. If I hear problems, then if it is really important to me, I acquire another CD.

Do note that when I get errors in rips from one drive, I try to rip the CD in a different drive or different computer. Often I'll get a secure rip using different drive. Also note that sometimes reripping in the SAME drive can ultimately give you a secure rip.