PDA

View Full Version : When am I going to see duplicate songs - De-Dupe

Swagger200
08-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Just purchased PerfectTunes. I have a large library - more than 50,000 flacs and mp3s. I enter the path to my library - everything is else is default.

I run De-Dupe - knowing that I have a lot of them. De-Dupe listens to my library for 2 and a 1/2 days but does not do anything when it finally finishes except go back to the "Control Center" page.
No duplicates detected or deleted.

When I start it again, it starts listening again, so I close that window. then it says Detecting Duplicates - for the next 3 hours. Then it finishes and goes back to the "Control Center" page.
Again, no duplicates detected or deleted.

What the hell - when do I accomplish something with this program??

Spoon
08-27-2013, 04:46 AM
The issue is you likely have many duplicates (one other person had 50,000 duplicates, the whole library because it was backed up in 2 locations and he added both locations to be indexed). If there are too many (more than 10,000) the program internally faults and exits, an update to R1.1 beta will fix this issue.

Swagger200
08-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your reply. It seemed to me that in both cases the progress bar went all the way from beginning to end, rather than crashing out.

The beta you refer to - is it available for download?

Spoon
08-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Not yet no, it is about 3 weeks off

bum
08-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Well i can say I have never ever seen such a unperfect pice of software in my live. It doesn't function well at all.
Don't buy this rubbish!!!

Dump your perfect tunes and give 9it away by file sharing I will search the torrent site and i will give it away for free!!
Never seen such a piece of software <edited>.
This messeges will be on all the forums i know!!!!!

Just purchased PerfectTunes. I have a large library - more than 50,000 flacs and mp3s. I enter the path to my library - everything is else is default.

I run De-Dupe - knowing that I have a lot of them. De-Dupe listens to my library for 2 and a 1/2 days but does not do anything when it finally finishes except go back to the "Control Center" page.
No duplicates detected or deleted.

When I start it again, it starts listening again, so I close that window. then it says Detecting Duplicates - for the next 3 hours. Then it finishes and goes back to the "Control Center" page.
Again, no duplicates detected or deleted.

What the hell - when do I accomplish something with this program??

Spoon
08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
>This messeges will be on all the forums i know!!!!!

You already said this by email, had you not used swear words on the first email you sent to us, it is likely we would have processed a refund, however we will not help someone who is abusive to our staff (from the first email).

I will leave your message here (editing out your swear words as they are not welcome on an open forum, where people below 18 years might read), as I believe everyone enjoys free speech (try that on an Apple forum and see how far that goes).

You will find all our software on torrent sites already, because we do not impose draconian locked down software which has to talk to our servers to run, instead we trust our customers, even though this means more piracy.

Swagger200
11-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Not yet no, it is about 3 weeks off

Any updates please

Spoon
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
R1.5 is in the beta section of this forum, it is close to being ready for release. You can try the beta to see if solves your issue.