PDA

View Full Version : Ripping double CD into subfolders what's going wrong?

quipple
08-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi All, I'm trying to rip a double compilation CD into two subfolders, but I can't seem to get it.
Best of Country/Disc 1 and Disc 2 is what I need
I'm getting Best of Country/Then all the tracks mixed together

This is the string I'm using, what am I doing wrong?
[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] – [track][] – [title]

Bernie:(

Spoon
08-22-2013, 05:07 AM
[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [track][] - [title]

quipple
08-24-2013, 04:12 AM
[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [track][] - [title]
Thanks for that Spoon, that worked fine, also what would be the string to rip a double CD into one folder?

Thanks for your help,
Bernie

Spoon
08-24-2013, 04:20 AM
The one you posted would rip a double cd to a single folder.

garym
08-24-2013, 08:41 AM
The one you posted would rip a double cd to a single folder.

if you are putting multiple disks in one folder, you probably want to add [disc] to the file name somewhere so you can easily sort based on this within the folder. Maybe something like:
\[artist] - [disc].[track][] - [title]

actually, I'd use, this for easier sorting
\[disc].[track][] - [title] - [artist]

quipple
08-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the pointers,
All sorted now!
Thanks for the help,
Bernie