PDA

View Full Version : Will PerfectTUNES work with Vortexbox, Pogoplug & MyBookLive NAS?

RobbieTheK
08-16-2013, 11:39 AM
My music collection obviously needs some redesign and knowing what PT can work on will help guide me. Is it primarily a Windows app that can barely handle remote shares? What are the chances that it can run on a Windows laptop to pretty-fy the FLAC and MP3 files on a NAS that a Squeezebox server running on a Linux-based Vortexbox is reading? Then there's my PogoPlug, which is becoming redundant since I can mount the MyBookLive from anywhere. The PogoPlug is currently unimportant, but it could become the platform for Vortexbox some day.
Is there any reason to try out PT or should I soldier on with my limitless licensed BLISS on the Vortexbox?

Spoon
08-16-2013, 02:11 PM
If the Windows box has read write access to the audio, it should not matter where it is.

garym
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
If the Windows box has read write access to the audio, it should not matter where it is.

yes, I can access these files on my vortexbox from my windows laptop. I've mapped the vortexbox share to a drive letter in my windows laptop and perfecttunes sees and can access the files.