PDA

View Full Version : Equalizer DSP

DHL
07-31-2013, 06:06 AM
Can this be used in the Music converter without converting to floating point first? I am talking about small net deviations that should not clip the processed signal (ie cuts vs boost).

Also, any way to get a third octave version? The lowest 60 Hz band is not low enough, as I would like choices at 40 Hz or even 30 Hz.

In a related question, is it better to rip from a CD first with no DSP effects, then process them separately later, or rip and DSP process all at the same time?

I am thinking about a EQ DSP and the EBUR128 volume normalize DSP. My gut tells me to rip the CD first, then process later, keeping the original rip as a reference.

Also, how do you use the floating point function? Do you have to order the DSP processes somehow, going to floating point first, then EQ, volume normalize, then back from floating point?

Finally, any way to tell if you are clipping or overloading the signal during DSP processing?

Spoon
07-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Internally floating point will be used when using the equalizer, even if the source is not.

>In a related question, is it better to rip from a CD first with no DSP effects, then process them separately later, or rip and DSP process all at the same time?

Makes no difference.

If want us use normalize non destructively, use the 'Replaygain' DSP effect which writes just id tags and have a compatible player.

>Finally, any way to tell if you are clipping or overloading the signal during DSP processing?

You can switch to floating point, then process, then as a last step peak to peak normalize (this will bring back to unclipped if was, over clipping range, note floating point does not clip), the finally Bit depth to a fixed 16 bit.