PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer Integration Not Working

Blazes Boylan
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
I installed Registered Power Pack Release 14.4 on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine but I'm not able to see either 'Convert To' or 'Edit ID Tags' on the Right Click Menu. Audio Properties doesn't show up in the properties window of Explorer either. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck. I even tried disabling Comodo antivirus and Malwarebytes. Any suggestions?

Spoon
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
After you disable the anti virus and other security software. Uninstall, reboot windows then try to reinstall.

Blazes Boylan
05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
After you disable the anti virus and other security software. Uninstall, reboot windows then try to reinstall.

Thanks, Spoon. I just tried that: turned off all security software, uninstalled dbpoweramp, rebooted, turned off all security software again, and re-installed--same problem. Oddly, when I hover the cursor over a music file all the tag info pops up in a window that has "dbpoweramp" at the bottom, but still no right-click options or music info in the properties window.

Spoon
05-10-2013, 02:52 AM
Which audio format is this for? what if you right click on a wave file?

Blazes Boylan
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Sorry about the slow response but I got caught up at work. I don't actually have any wave files. I have MP3s, AACs, and Flac files, none of which show the right-click option. However, when I right click on any folders I do get the option of using dbpoweramp batch converter.

Spoon
05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I am sorry I do not know what could be blocking it from working.

MattRicketts
05-25-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a new Windows 7 machine a few days ago and while this feature was working at first it isn't now. I'm guessing it has something to do with my having to uninstall and reinstall the software after going through the onerous process of adding the AAC encoder (which really needs to be made easier by the way). When trying to reinstall I was unable to change the target directory in the Installer app, which was stuck on <C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBpoweramp> for some odd reason. I actually had to cut and paste the install back into the "correct" directory and I'm guessing that some of the resulting file conflicts messed up the Windows integration. I guess I could try the clean uninstall program offered in the Sticky thread on the first page but it's way past my bedtime and I need to go to sleep. I love dBpoweramp most of the time but it definitely is NOT easy to tinker with by any means!

Spoon
05-25-2013, 03:52 AM
Integration is working for other file types such as mp3?