PDA

View Full Version : dMC File selector bug



BrightSide
05-20-2002, 11:42 PM
A little while ago, I tried to "catch up" with my music collection and wanted to convert and include my new MP3's in my Ogg Vorbis collection and as I already had dMC installed, I also downloaded the File selector to make things a little easier.
I always convert with "Output to same folder as original" and "Delete source after convertion" but it seems that the file selector somehow messes up the path, because instead of putting the file in the same folder as the original one, dMC recreated the directory structure inside the original folder and placed the files there.

To make this more clear, here is an example

Before convertion with file selector the files are placed in C:\Music\Artist\Album

After the convertion, the files in the original folder are deleted (because of delete source file option) but funky new converted music files now exist in C:\Music\Artist\Album\Music\Artist\Album

Another curious sideeffect I have noticed is that files have started having names like "filename.mp3.ogg"

As you can see, it takes a little while to restore things back to the normal structure, especially when coverting huge amounts of files/folders :headbang: .. (or maybe I am the only insane person doing such projects) :supersmil

My dMC & File Selector are both of the latest release (8d for dMC and 4a for File selector) and I believe the problem lies with the File Selector as normal converting with dMC works perfectly.

Hope this information will be useful :)

-BrightSide-

Unregistered
05-21-2002, 02:26 AM
This is easy to fix. Simply select the delete source option from the menu. This then deletes the source and places the new file over the old.

BrightSide
05-21-2002, 04:36 PM
It appears to me that you haven't quite grasped what I tried to explain, so if I was unclear I will try again :)

Just to summerize:
I use both "Delete source(s) after convertion" and "Preserve ID Tag" options while converting from MP3 to Ogg Vorbis and files are to ble placed in the same folder as the original file. All files are located in the C:\Music\Artist\Album directory structure and File Selector are set to convert every MP3 it can find from C:\Music including all subfolders.

When using File Selector, here is what happens:
The files are converted and afterwards deleted, just as I would expect. The problem appears later because the newly converted files are not places in C:\Music\Artist\Album where the original files where located, instead they are places in C:\Music\Artist\Album\Music\Artist\Album

So, although it is not a "critical" bug, it is very annoying because it creates a lot more work for me :headbang: