PDA

View Full Version : major problems

endoralynn
05-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Everytime I got to rip a cd to mp3's not I get an error saying
The output file could not be opened.
It never did it before, I've downloaded every mp3 plug in avalible and it still keeps doing it...I can't use media player, I hate it with a passion and it won't rip mp3's right....HELP ME!!! I can't go very long with out my dbpower AMP...
:cry:

daren
05-21-2002, 03:09 AM
Hi,

Make sure that you set the "Output to" folder. Otherwise it
will try and save the new files to "Same folder as original" and
this is not possible if the original folder is an audio CD.

HTH.

Daren.

endoralynn
05-21-2002, 03:21 PM
thank you for you help but that didn't seem to fix the problems either, it's just not ripping right for some reason. I welcome any other suggestions....thanks all

Unregistered
05-22-2002, 04:35 AM
I think you must be doing something wrong. Don't always blame the program for your mistakes.
Cautious Ken

endoralynn
05-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Okay Ken just so you know I'm not doing anything any different then I did before so it's obviouly not my fault...:p I checked to make sure the settings and everything were still the same, which they were, and so tell me how it can't be the program in just some way. Since I've not installed any new software, hardware, or anything else that might have changed my computer in any way... Hope you are understanding now that it wasn't anything I've changed or done on my part Thanks...

MODatic
05-23-2002, 02:24 AM
Well I have a suggestion, it sounds like something in the registry is stopping DMC on your PC.

So open up registry editor, (run>>regedit) then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\ and delete the entire dBpowerAMP folder. Upon restarting dBpowerAMP, it will regenerate the reg keys thus resetting all your settings back to the defaults and is like a soft reinstall.

endoralynn
05-27-2002, 04:30 AM
OH MODatic I could just kiss you :kiss: you solved my problem:D ...Now I can get back to ripping mp3's without any problems...your suggestion rocked:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your great...Thanks so much for all of the help

MODatic
05-27-2002, 05:39 AM
Glad to help ;)