PDA

View Full Version : .MND file to MP3 or WAV

Unregistered
09-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi is there a codec out there that can convert .MND(A Realplayer 8 Audio file) to Mp3 or WAV...I can obviously play MND on Realplayer but i dont like it and i want to burn my music on a CD

Spoon
09-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Try renaming it to RA and using the Real Audio Input Codec.

Unregistered
09-25-2003, 01:53 AM
Try renaming to RA and using the Real Audio Input Codec.

I am also trying to convert MND to MP3 or WAV . i have already downloaded the (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) (dMC Audio CD Input) and ( dbpowerAMP ) ... is there a way you can walk me through it ? i am new at this.

Spoon
09-25-2003, 07:04 PM
You would need the Real Audio Input Codec from 'Codec Central' on this site - make sure it works first converting a normal .ra file.

Unregistered
09-28-2003, 07:20 PM
You would need the Real Audio Input Codec from 'Codec Central' on this site - make sure it works first converting a normal .ra file.

Have tried this too, but no luck. The music converter doesn't recognize the files, even when the extensions have been manually changed to ".ra" Any suggestions?

Spoon
09-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Make sure you installed the 'Real Audio Input Decoder' to the same location that dMC is installed to.

Unregistered
10-05-2003, 07:47 PM
How did you convert the .MND? where did you find the "converter"?

Hi is there a codec out there that can convert .MND(A Realplayer 8 Audio file) to Mp3 or WAV...I can obviously play MND on Realplayer but i dont like it and i want to burn my music on a CD

Unregistered
10-13-2003, 01:23 PM
How did you convert the .MND? where did you find the "converter"?

Spoon have you actually successfully converted an MND to MP3 before ? would love to know how you did it .

Spoon
10-13-2003, 06:27 PM
If you want to send me one .mnd file I will try it, email here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Unregistered
10-13-2003, 09:58 PM
I too attempted to convert a MND to MP3 or WAV using the .ra codec & dbpoweramp.
I renamed the mnd to an ra file extention the nran the converter. It attempted to convert for 10 hours (while I slept) no joy.

I'd be interested if someone could make this work.

Unregistered
10-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Spoon i sent you a copy of a MND file

Spoon
10-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks I have plenty of .mnd files, the bad news is I cannot get any to convert, sorry.

Unregistered
10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Thanks I have plenty of .mnd files, the bad news is I cannot get any to convert, sorry.

Will there be any upcoming codec releases to convert these file types?

Spoon
10-16-2003, 05:15 PM
I don't know.

gentilem77@aol
10-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I don't know.

HAve you had any luck determining the sound quality of these file types and the type of file they compare too. I believe the file type is a closer match to a mp4 because of the br. Is this assumption correct. I also noticed that the file type isn't actually a realplayer 8 file - the file type is actually a MusicNetDownload file. The file just appears as a realplayer 8 file on some players where as other players don't recognize them at all. I am begining to think that this file is a waste of money.

Unregistered
11-11-2003, 01:27 PM
You probably will not be able to covert those files, because they are the MusicNet files that AOL are using,, it is a way to force you to pay the subscription fee to be able to burn them. Tried just about everything myself,, nothing works.

Unregistered
11-19-2003, 02:18 AM
You probably will not be able to covert those files, because they are the MusicNet files that AOL are using,, it is a way to force you to pay the subscription fee to be able to burn them. Tried just about everything myself,, nothing works.

There must be a cracker somewhere that can make a decoder for the musicnet files. If AOL can do it, then someone else can :)

Unregistered
11-19-2003, 09:52 AM
MusicNet@AOL downloads use RealAudio, incorporating the Sony ATRAC3 technology at 96 kbps. The ATRAC3 is the encryption used.

Unregistered
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Here's a quick solution although a bit time consuming:

try re-recording the .mnd (aka musicnet file) as a .wav using recording software (ie. soundforge, protools, cakewalk etc...) you get identical sound quality if your system is set up to record via digital inout - otherwise - analog will do just fine - the sound quality remains pretty much the same.

Good luck!

MusicNet@AOL downloads use RealAudio, incorporating the Sony ATRAC3 technology at 96 kbps. The ATRAC3 is the encryption used.

Unregistered
01-02-2004, 04:48 PM
There must be a cracker somewhere that can make a decoder for the musicnet files. If AOL can do it, then someone else can :)

Unregistered
01-03-2004, 06:27 PM
if i have a sony clie and magicstick can i just place the file on the magicstick
and have the sony clie play it

SayWhat
02-07-2005, 01:42 PM
i My self have been trying to snag .mnd files to put on cd :teufel8: and i think im close. there is a crack for windows media player that strips the digital rights management system off so you can burn with WMP 9 or 10. now seeing what you have tryed already i think trying this is worth it :D
step 1

get freeme crack here and apply http://home.wanadoo.nl/lc.staak/freeme.htm

step 2

rename *.mnd files to *.ra

step 3

use media player to burn cd using your new *.ra files

if this works then move to:

step 4

use a cd ripping software to rip songs into a mp3 format. now :cool: if the bit rate is still 96 then i dont know might have to change the bit rate before starting step 1 anyone that has good results please email me :thumbup: Good luck

The SeCToR

adaywayne
02-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't know.

mnd files are AOL's equivalent of ram files. One can only play them in streaming format on a MusicNet player whilst online. This is my understanding, at least......subject to correction.

Edit: Oooops.....should have read the second page before posting! I see you are all way ahead of me!