PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

Spoon
04-08-2002, 12:15 PM
You have done a good job Razgo, it seems very quick indeed.

I will have a play with it over the next few days. At the very least I could keep the old yABB for just beta testing and pointing people in the right direction...

Razgo
04-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Hi Spoon, if you decide to keep this I'd suggest deleting all the tables that have the prefix yabbse_ and yabbsef_ in the data base.

or I can reinstall this and delete all the tables as VB gives you an option when installing to delete the tables if it detects the data base is populated.

Razgo
04-08-2002, 07:21 PM
yeh it is fast, but so was your other board at first when you upgraded it. at first I thought it might have been because of all the downloads you get from your server using up all the system resources. but if you have a look at the yabb home page it loads ok. theres just something not right on that board I think thats causeing it, but I dunno.

yes you can spend days configuring this board the way you want it as there is a huge amount features. :D

sorry about the colours, I was playing :D when you enter your admin panel scroll all the way down the bottom and click on

"Modify" under "Styles" then on the right you will see "[fonts/colors/etc]" click on that to ploay with the colours.

Razgo
04-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Oh and let me know if you want to remove the moderators colum on the far right on the front/main page. I will edit it out for you if you want.

LittleDragon
04-17-2002, 11:18 AM
LOVE the new forum!

Everything looks great...

Good luck..and thanks for everything!

congrats on the marriage. She better not take time away from dBpowerAMP ;) ;) ;)

JHMac
04-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Never liked VB very much, that's why I run YaBB on my site. But thats not going to keep me from posting here. I do think you should add the beta forum on this one so we are not running back and forth between boards.. Keep up the great work Guys! :thumbup:

JHMac
04-17-2002, 03:28 PM
How do I use (Upload) my own Avatar? :confused:

Spoon
04-17-2002, 03:52 PM
We are just sorting that out, there will be an announcement soon.

Razgo
04-17-2002, 08:43 PM
well as far as YaBB is concerned, I love YaBB :D

so much so I had yabbse intergrated with another cms system, and handed the code over to the yabbse team, as they are a great bunch of people/comunity.

However VB turned out to be a better long term solution for me and my site. I think Spoon may feel the same.

MODatic
04-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Spoon
We are just sorting that out, there will be an announcement soon.

Good, I miss my little alien dude :D

Spoon
04-18-2002, 08:18 AM
I believe Razgo has enabled off-site-avatars, are you able to try it MODatic?

Razgo
04-18-2002, 08:27 PM
ok I just disabled it again to try and find out why it's not fuctioning properly.