PDA

View Full Version : Background usage, AccurateRip pop-up

claim
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello,

I have just started using dBpoweramp and Batch Ripper. So far I am enjoying it a lot for my private music collection.

Batch Ripper does exactly what I expect: Disc in drive, rip & encode, eject disc. However, there is an AccurateRip popup whenever I insert a new disc which leads to a steal of application focus. This is particularly annoying when I am in a game. Is there any way to change this behavior? Configuration? Registry? Patch?

Thanks
claim

dbfan
04-07-2013, 04:37 AM
You need to configure accurate rip for the drive, or disable accuraterip

claim
04-07-2013, 06:57 AM
I think I did configure accuraterip after installation and it is working as far as I can tell. The popup goes away quickly and does not tell me that there is anything to do. My Internet connection is fast and lookups seem to be done quickly. Batch Ripper also tells me that for most CDs, all tracks were Accurate.

I'm not finding the right menu or option to check whether accuraterip is correctly configured, how can I check? And if it is configured (as I would expect from the above), what else can I do?

garym
04-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I think I did configure accuraterip after installation and it is working as far as I can tell. The popup goes away quickly and does not tell me that there is anything to do. My Internet connection is fast and lookups seem to be done quickly. Batch Ripper also tells me that for most CDs, all tracks were Accurate.

I'm not finding the right menu or option to check whether accuraterip is correctly configured, how can I check? And if it is configured (as I would expect from the above), what else can I do?

nothing to set. Once it sets itself up after feeding some disks it recognizes, you're done. If the ripper is telling you that you have some ACCURATERIP matched rips, then it is working properly.

claim
04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Okay, thanks for the help so far.

Coming back to my original question: Is there anything I can do about the AccurateRip popup (status) window that is stealing the focus? It's only there for half a second typically but it doe steal the focus from full-screen applications -- which I find annoying.

garym
04-07-2013, 10:28 AM
hmmm, I don't get this popup (except maybe I do when it is asking me to "submit" my results to accuraterip (which I do). Is that the popup you're getting (i.e., asking you to submit

claim
04-07-2013, 11:31 AM
No, that's the thing. It's only visible for half a second and if I see it at all. I think it just says that it's doing the lookup for the disc, then goes away because everything works as planned.

Spoon
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Disabling AccurateRip in CD Ripper will remove this popup.

claim
04-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry if I am being pesky... I really like the way dBpoweramp worls.

Spoon, if I'd follow your advice, that would mean I don't get AccurateRip checks, right? I want to have them. I just don't want the focus steal -- the popup itself I don't mind.

bhoar
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Can you run dbpoweramp and the game in separate accounts? And just switch users?

Brendan

claim
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Brendan, big thanks. That's actually an excellent idea -- wonder why I didn't think of that. I'll try it and get back to you all whether it does the trick.

Cheers, and thanks for helping.

claim
04-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Well, it has its pros and cons.

Pro: Of course no popups that get from one account to the other.
Con: Redo config, metadata lookups quirky

I'm having issues getting CD Ripper and Batch Ripper configured exactly the same way as it is in the original account. I used the directory in %APPDATA% for Batch Ripper config and the Registry Keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate. It feels the same but it obviously isn't. One thing I noted is that then I don't get AMG metadata lookups (it says none left whereas I have about 300 left). And Batch Ripper seems to be having issues finding cover art.