PDA

View Full Version : PCWorld mention of dbPowerAmp

OldCoder
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
This was posted under the topic of "Audio-File Conversion Overkill"

"The Annoyance: Roxio's Easy CD Creator is a great program, but it's overkill for converting a single audio file.

The Fix: It's crazy to spend more time loading a program than you spend using it to convert a file. Illustrate's free DBpowerAMP Music Converter does .wav-to-MP3 conversions (and vice versa) in a blink. Right-click a music file in Windows Explorer, select Convert To, and click either Mp3 or Wave. The Music Converter lets you change the output folder or rename the converted file. Visit www.dbpoweramp.com to download your copy."

The mention is nice, but understated.

While Spoon's code may not be perfect, it is *much* better than Roxio's, and his technical support is great (where Roxio's should be considered an embarrassment).

I am very happy living with Spoon's programs.

I won't allow Roxio's on my PC.

Razgo
09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
world domination isn't far away now Spoon? :thumbup: :D

Paddy
09-11-2003, 10:59 AM
world domination isn't far away now Spoon? :thumbup: :D

Nearly there, a quick look at download.com:

dBpowerAMP Music Converter 9.0 - 88% +ve rating, 2,625,576 Downloads

dBpowerAmp Audio Player 2.0 - 90% +ve rating, 183,682 Downloads

(+ about 34,000 skin downloads)

That is very impressive :D

donny
09-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I first found dMC on the "PC world Yugoslavia" CD, that comes with the newspaper filled with little proggies... That was a while ago, but they also said some nice things about it...

donny
10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
I have looked at the last months issue, and there was again dMC(not the beta - I think it was 9a)... dMC is quite respected among the more skilled users around, although on the other hand many people aren't aware that it even exists. This will probably help spreading the word:)