PDA

View Full Version : Automated Re-rip of inaccurate tracks?

Mute Rose
03-17-2013, 02:09 PM
I see something in the secure section, but secure slows ripping down to a crawl.

Any way to have Batch Ripper re-rip an inaccurate track n number of times before giving up?

Arlo

Spoon
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Rather than re-rip an inaccurate track, you should set options to re-rip inaccurate frames, there is no need to re-rip any other area of the disc if ripped correctly.

Mute Rose
03-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Where is that set?

dbfan
03-18-2013, 03:44 AM
On profile page >> options >> secure settings >>

Lots of options

Mute Rose
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Gotcha... I know about these settings, they're the ones that significantly increase the time it takes to rip a CD.

I thought this was a simple setting to apply during a batch rip.

Spoon
03-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Batch Ripper has full access to CD Rippers options via the Profile button.

Porcus
03-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Gotcha... I know about these settings, they're the ones that significantly increase the time it takes to rip a CD.

That's because it actually takes so much time to re-rip individual frames. Wouldn't go quicker to re-rip the entire track.

When I did rip through my changer, I would set it to abort after only a few re-reads, and rather try my luck in another drive. It does not even have to be a "better" drive, just a different drive. And then I could leave it overnight there, rather than wearing the changer (which would be a much more expensive piece of equipment to replace).

bhoar
03-19-2013, 08:01 AM
That's because it actually takes so much time to re-rip individual frames. Wouldn't go quicker to re-rip the entire track.

When I did rip through my changer, I would set it to abort after only a few re-reads, and rather try my luck in another drive. It does not even have to be a "better" drive, just a different drive. And then I could leave it overnight there, rather than wearing the changer (which would be a much more expensive piece of equipment to replace).

Agreed: don't wear out the drive in your robot, AR. Configure the secure rip settings to abort after some reasonable amount of time, and set those CDs aside for ripping in another more disposable drive later.

B