PDA

View Full Version : Volume normalization dMC Audio CD Input

groebuck
05-18-2002, 11:39 AM
I recently registered the Power Pack but cannot seem to find its’ associated help file.

I wanted to know the difference between the different types of normalization. Searching through the forums, I see that "normal" will raise the volume of a quiet CD but it will not quieten a loud CD.

I'm a previous user of CDEx where it appears that it would normalize in both directions through one setting. Does the Power Pack have a similar function?

Thanks,

Jerry

Razgo
05-19-2002, 12:22 AM
this was in the FAQ, i think MODatic wrote it.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12

also for me I go to my start bar and select dmc music converter and see the powerpack help files there.

what i would like to see is maybe some balloon tips in the powerpack when hovering over all the settings it has.

groebuck
05-19-2002, 05:59 PM
I was looking at the FAQ and I still don't understand.

FAQ -->"...the Power Pack has more advanced normalizing options, something called Adaptive Normalization, this will smartly increase the volume based on small rolling sections."

I'm not sure what increasing "by small rolling sections" means.

FAQ-->"The Power Pack can also be used to set the desired final volume percentage."

How is this done? By fixed normalization? What is meant by "Window size" and "Multipy signal by"?

I agree. Some ballon tips would be helpful in the "DSP Effects" window for each individual setting. Does anyone out there have experience with these setting who can explain their effects?

MODatic
05-20-2002, 02:19 AM
i think MODatic wrote it

No I didn't :D

groebuck, by smart rolling sections, it means that the volume info is broken up into smaller sections which enables the normaliser to tweak the volume on certain sections of the song, whereas the normal normaliser found in DMC, (non-Power Pack) can only adjust the volume for the whole song at once. Understand?

The Power Pack can also be used to set the desired final volume percentage.

This is fixed normalisation. This allows you to specify a percentage of the original volume, where the non-Power Pack normaliser gets the current group of files being encoded and adjusts them so they are approx. the same but this does not work for sharp attacks as the basic normaliser does not work in small segments like the Power Pack one.

Does anyone out there have experience with these setting who can explain their effects?

Not me, I don't believe in normalising. Sorry!

BullMoose
07-27-2002, 05:20 PM
You know that the help system needs work when advanced computer users can't figure out what the settings are. What is the difference between simple, adaptive, and fixed normalization? % of maximum what? Max Multiply? Window Size? I would register this product if I could figure out how to use it!

Spoon
07-28-2002, 03:54 AM
Did you see this part of the help?

Start >> Program Files >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Help >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help

Power Pack DSP