PDA

View Full Version : I found a problem on DAP 3 beta 3

djben
08-25-2003, 10:55 AM
I have a keyboard, microsoft multimedia wireless keyboard, and my button +/-, for the volume, doesn't work with windows after installing DAP, even when DAP, is closed, can you help me over here ??? what can I do, to make it work with other player, such as video player, like the playa, or windows media player

thanks....

Joseph
08-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Did your Keyboard come with a Driver? If not maybe there is some manufacturers website that has a driver update that will fix your problem...

donny
08-25-2003, 04:13 PM
dAP can assign these keys to it's own volume - so even when it's off the keys won't change the master volume...
Only I'm not sure is this automatic or not (the assigning)
Anyway checkout start->programs->dbpoweramp->configuration->keyboard control just to be sure.

RossRoy
08-25-2003, 04:33 PM
I had that same problem, dAP would just take control of my volume control on my keyboard and I totally lost control of the master volume that way.

You could try assigning the volume controls to other jeys but I doubt it'll change it, seeing as Windows doesn't see the volume knob as a key per-se.

The only way I found to fix the problem is a very drastic solution. I deleted the DLL file in dbPowerAmp that binds itself to the key buffer to intercept them. I think the file was called dapkeycontrol.dll but I am not 100% positive about the exact name of it, but you can't miss it. You will probably have to reboot in DOS or in Safe Mode to delete it, or else Windows tells you that the file is in use.

*** BE WARNED THAT IF YOU USE YOUR KEYBOARD TO CONTROL DAP WHILE IT IS NOT THE FOCUSED WINDOW, YOU WILL LOSE THIS ABILITY! ***

djben
08-25-2003, 04:38 PM
yeah, but it does that after That I have installed it, I didn't even touch the keyboard control option

dnewtype
08-26-2003, 12:40 AM
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=611

Spoon
09-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Marked it as a bug now, will look into it.