PDA

View Full Version : Real Audio RMJ converter

Unregistered
08-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Is there a converter for real audio .rmj files to mp3 files the real audio converter I download only appears to handle .ra, .ram, .rm files?

player
09-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Yea
I have it. email me at player@hotmail.com if you need a copy

Unregistered
10-01-2003, 10:05 PM
[Hello you may not know me but i need that audio rmj converter too please.

Yukino
10-02-2003, 07:26 PM
i tried to email you cuz i'd like a copy of the program that you have but it says your email address doesn't exist!

leslina
10-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Is there a converter for real audio .rmj files to mp3 files the real audio converter I download only appears to handle .ra, .ram, .rm files?

I am having the same problem >_< If you get a heads up on the codec please let me know! I would appreciate it!

Unregistered
10-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Hello you may not know me but i need that audio rmj converter too please.

Unregistered
10-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Funny enough, i am alos looking for a rmj to mp3 converter! is there any updated program for me to get hold of. Please let me know when you get the chance via my email.. Cheers

HarneyEmpire
10-28-2003, 04:27 PM
I would like a copy of the converter also.

i have a bunch of rmj files i want to convert to mp3 format
thks

Unregistered
10-28-2003, 10:17 PM
I havent found a program that does this yet so i suggest just ripping your cds again and save the tracks as mp3s instead, if thats where you got the files from

Unregistered
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
you can use winamp 2. Just download it from classic.winamp.com then search for Tara Audio Video Plugin on the same site and download that . Its a bit slow but seems to work fine I converted 500 songs+ with it

Unregistered
11-07-2003, 07:29 PM
i tried to email you cuz i'd like a copy of the program that you have but it says your email address doesn't exist!

A word of advice... don't email people with responses like that using your normal email address. It is a tactic which some spammers use to collect email addresses for spam.

Apologies for being off-topic

Unregistered
11-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Yea
i would like a copy too. valeralisitsa@yahoo.com

learjeff
11-10-2003, 04:00 PM
dMC worked for me, but I had to rename .rjm files to .rma, IIRC.

Unregistered
11-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi!
If you still have that rmj to mp3 converter I'd be glad to get a copy too. thanks. The e-mail address player@hotmail.com no longer exists. Please mail to jmglode@hotmail.com

Unregistered
11-23-2003, 01:36 PM
can someone tell me where I can get a tool that converts .rm and .ram files into .mp3 or .wav??

Thanks in advance!!

Unregistered
11-23-2003, 01:38 PM
can someone tell me where I can get a tool that converts .rm and .ram files into .mp3 or .wav?? I'm looking for a free version wich also converts a file 100%

Thanks in advance!!

Unregistered
12-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Please send me a copy. Thanks!

Clete
12-24-2003, 01:34 PM
You could try http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com/

Converts to wav, then use dmc to convert to mp3.

M-Guest
12-26-2003, 11:25 PM

That isn't necessary.
dbPowerAMP can decode audio from .rmj, rmx, and .rmvb files, but it can't detect the file suffix. To do the conversion, just rename the suffix to a RealAudio file type that dbPowerAMP ~can~ detect.

In other words... if you have an .rmj file format... rename the .rmj suffix to either .rm or .ra

After you rename it, dbPowerAmp can figure out all the other differences (if any) and it will do a wonderful conversion to whatever format you want.

Clete
12-27-2003, 12:13 AM
You might be right. I have not tried to convert real media with dmc lately since Spoons last post on the subject said: "The real answer would be not to expect the new real audio codec, it is very much long term development."

So I use ra to wav just to be safe. There are a lot of threads explaining problems encountered.

restrella
01-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Could you send me the rRJM converter

restrella@telefonica.net

Unregistered
01-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Why doesn't dbamp convert rmj?Is there going to be an update anytime soon?I tried renaming my rmj files but all i can seem to do is rename the name of the file and not the extension....is there sumthin im doin wrong?Help!
PS-have the creators of dbamp even noticed that theres a lot of people who would appreciate them enabling conversion of rmj extensions without having to rename?

Spoon
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
To rename the extension you need the 'Rename Extension Codec' (bottom of Codec Central).

joli
02-18-2004, 08:33 PM
This works - I've just tried it:

1) Rename the file extension from RMJ to RA. These are both real audio file types, and are in the same exact format. You can use a free program called Smart Rename from cNet (www.download.com); I just renamed the file in Windows Explorer.
2)Then you need to convert these RA or RMJ files to mp3. You can use dBpowerAMP Music Converter 9.0 (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/download.htm). After downloading this, you will need to download a codec from the dbpoweramp website that converts RA files to wav or Mp3: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ra.htm
Important: To make the RealAudio Decoder to work, you need to have installed RealAudio v8 (http://www.oldversion.com/download.php?idlong=428a3d5b3f2d7a763b6072056d6159 8a). Real Alternative 1.11 can be used instead of RealAudio v8 (I haven't checked if this works - I used RealAudio 8).

And here are all the codecs (for so many file formats!): http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm
These programs are free.

The program converts in real time, so if the song is 2 minutes long, it will take two minutes for the conversion. You can normalize the tracks, and select a whole bunch to be done at one time.

Sound quality is good, and you can burn these onto a cd.

joli
02-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh, and I forgot... :-)

Thanks to the person, who sent this message:
http://www.mp3machine.com/discussion/messages/13022.shtml

Unregistered
03-16-2004, 01:26 AM

dear friends,
change your .rmj files to .ram files and begin to convert them to mp3.
During conversion dbpower stay at %0 level, but don't worry it does his job when finished the level becomes suddenly %100 and conversion is done!!

Unregistered
03-19-2004, 02:09 AM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS DMC,
BECAUSE I NEED TO CONVERT TO MP3 TOO

THANKS

Wayne
03-19-2004, 02:42 AM
dMC stands for dBpowerAMP Music Converter. Click the main link at the top of this page for further information.

Clete
03-19-2004, 02:43 AM
dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC)

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 05:14 AM
To rename the extension you need the 'Rename Extension Codec' (bottom of Codec Central).
hi!
i got the rename extension codec buti can't open the rmj with dMC because my dMC does not recognize the file as a music file... what do i do then?
:-) Cecilie.

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 05:17 AM
oh never mind about that - i found out i had XnView to rename the file. but maybe somebody else here need that info, who knows...
:-)

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 05:28 AM
Real Alternative 1.11 can be used instead of RealAudio v8 (I haven't checked if this works - I used RealAudio 8).
I have real alternative, and it works just fine (and no spyware ;) )
Cecilie.

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 05:38 AM
sorry to take so much space, i just want to specify that the real alternative also works with the realmedia dMC codec. :-) Cecilie.

Unregistered
04-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Hello you do not know me,too, but i also need this programm. could anyone please email to moegle-Philipp@lo-net.de?

Unregistered
04-24-2004, 11:20 PM
can i have a copy of this software to convert rmj files into mp3? plz

learjeff
04-26-2004, 03:24 PM
If you read this thread, you'll see that dBPowerAmp Music Converter (dMC) will convert real-audio files. However, you may have to rename them from whatever they are to the extension that dMC expects (as described above).

It may not say so above, but there's a hitch -- it takes the same amount of time as playing the song. Also, I believe that if you've ever installed RealOne, dMC won't be able to convert the files. Even if you've uninstalled it.

0vtd
05-14-2004, 03:54 PM
hi when i use to dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert it, when i click the convert it ask for CODEC required to decompress what does that means

0vtd
05-14-2004, 04:02 PM
sorry i got it

ChristinaS
05-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Also, I believe that if you've ever installed RealOne, dMC won't be able to convert the files. Even if you've uninstalled it.

Not true. dMC will convert a Real Media file to anything else for which you have the codec, regardless of your having installed or not Real One or any other Real family program. I use it all the time for this exact purpose.

Unregistered
05-24-2004, 08:26 PM
can you please send me the converter to my e-mail

lior@omegaapparel.com

thanks.

ChristinaS
05-25-2004, 03:04 AM
can you please send me the converter to my e-mail

lior@omegaapparel.com

thanks.
I may be missing something here (I didn't read back to the top of the thread), but why can't you just download everything you need from here http://www.dbpoweramp.com and http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm ? These same links are at the top of the forum.

Unregistered
05-26-2004, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered]I don't know if I am in the right spot but I heard you could download a dbamp converter for free to start buring cd's from the Kazaa website and I have no idea where to get it, can someone please help me?
please send the direct site to
ngoral06@yahoo.com
thank you so much

ChristinaS
05-26-2004, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered]I don't know if I am in the right spot but I heard you could download a dbamp converter for free to start buring cd's from the Kazaa website and I have no idea where to get it, can someone please help me?
please send the direct site to
ngoral06@yahoo.com
thank you so much
I shouldn't think it matters where you get your music files from, Kazaa or you record them yourself or whatever.

You get those audio files onto your pc somehow and then use dMC to convert them to different types and use any cd burner program to burn them to audio CD or a CD of MP3 files or whatever else you may need. The cd burning software is available at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm.

Please read up the documentation available at those links posted at the top of the forum page and download what you need from there. The email route is not the way to go.

A note of caution: it is your responsibility to make sure that you are not breaking any copyright laws in copying files from any source, including Kazaa. Also it is your responsibility to make sure that your pc is properly protected against any possible viruses that you may encounter in files downloaded from a service such as Kazaa, which is a real and constant threat .

Unregistered
05-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Just had this problem myself.... What I did was rip the rmj's to a blank CD using RealOne (which converts them to Cda in the process) and then used dBpowerAmp Music Converter (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/) to convert them to .MP3/.WAV... Works great! Hope this helps some peeps :-)... Really simple.

Unregistered
06-08-2004, 12:07 AM
If you still have that rmj to mp3 converter I'd be glad to get a copy too. thanks. The e-mail address : vevette.dunet@laposte.net

please thanks !!!!

ChristinaS
06-08-2004, 12:24 AM
If you still have that rmj to mp3 converter I'd be glad to get a copy too. thanks. The e-mail address : vevette.dunet@laposte.net

please thanks !!!!

Rename your file that currently has the extension .rmj to a name with the extension .rm and then use dMC to comvert the .rm file to whatever you want.

Download dMC and all codecs from the links at the top of the forum.

Please read the documentation and the FAQ section in teh forum.

Unregistered
06-12-2004, 12:38 PM
change the name to .rm or .ra. This is done best via the Command prompt. After doing this, the conversion will work fine.

Unregistered
06-16-2004, 08:41 PM
i cant seem to change my rmj to rm... help !

ChristinaS
06-17-2004, 12:39 AM
i cant seem to change my rmj to rm... help !
I hope you are seeing file extensions in Windows Explorer, otherwise you'll never be able to rename anything properly.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you have your file to be renamed.

That option is in Tools>Folder Options>View> and uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.

Also click the button marked Like current folder so that you'll always see the file extensions for all files in all folders.

Then it's only a matter of right-clicking on that file name, and selecting rename. Type the new name in with the extension .rm instead of .rmj.

Mr. M
06-18-2004, 01:14 AM
How do I rename the .rmj suffix? I downloaded the rename codec form DMC but its a dll file that i have no idea what to open it with.
Help me PLEASSEEE...
Thanks in advance...

ChristinaS
06-18-2004, 01:30 AM
How do I rename the .rmj suffix? I downloaded the rename codec form DMC but its a dll file that i have no idea what to open it with.
Help me PLEASSEEE...
Thanks in advance...
Ok, forget about the Rename codec for now. Read the post above and do those steps. It explains all.

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 02:32 AM
[Hello you may not know me but i need that audio rmj converter too please.

ChristinaS
06-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Ok, people! Please understand that this site has all the information for you to read and all the software that you need is yours to download. You will NOT receive any of it by email.

There is an FAQ section, there is individual documentation for everything as well, right from where you download the software. You can search the forum for extra tips. You can ask for clarifications and help. But PLEASE, do your homework first too!

And you should really sign up here, as this will make it so much easier for you to find information. You can then use all the forum's features, including getting a list of the latest posts, tracking your own posts and answers to them. Otherwise we have this mumbo-jumbo of a jungle of repetitive posts, and seemingly nobody learns from anybody else's questions and answers. :vmad:

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 05:24 PM
I have thoroughly read through this thread to see if dbpowerAMP Music Converter can convert files that were coded by RealOne v8 (I think) Japanese version player.

I'm presuming that it will not work because someone mentioned that before but I needed to double check. This RealOne version uses compression and security that is based from Sony's Open MG type compression, which is pretty much ATRAC.

If there is no possibility to be able to convert such files, I'll need to look for some other alternative methods. I have not yet tried the method mentioned on this thread but I will take note when I can be able to get this thing sorted.

Unregistered
06-23-2004, 09:23 AM
I have real in and mp3 out plugins for Winamp that works ;)

www.nfriends.de

Unregistered
07-07-2004, 02:47 AM

Unregistered
08-04-2004, 09:24 AM
I made a simple application to change the extension files without change the TYPE of the file. It's Free.

It's useful to change, for example, the rmj extension to ram extension.

get it
www.preufmg.org.br/ronnie/converter/ConvExt.zip

ChristinaS
08-04-2004, 11:43 AM
I made a simple application to change the extension files without change the TYPE of the file. It's Free.

It's useful to change, for example, the rmj extension to ram extension.

get it
www.preufmg.org.br/ronnie/converter/ConvExt.zip
And how exactly is this any different from a simple renaming of the file and it's extension (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361 )? or form the bulk extension renaming program AF5 that's already been explained in many posts and in particular in http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=3981 ?

Ronnie
08-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Sorry, I didn't know the A.F.5.
Ronnie

Unregistered
09-03-2004, 12:34 AM
www.fairstars.com/audioconverter/

then say 10x to me

rolko@yahoo.com

Unregistered
09-12-2004, 03:59 PM

Unregistered
09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
maybe we can burn into the CD then rip out again in the format that u want. isn;t more easier?

Unregistered
10-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Yea

I ned the program too, cant you? givme one copy?

Unregistered
10-12-2004, 09:38 PM
i have tons of .rmj files and i haven't found a way to convert it. i've downloaded the codec in dbamp but it seems that it doesn't recognize the rmj files. so my question is, how do use the rename extension? i've already installed it but i can't seem to use it...

ChristinaS
10-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Check out http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=3981

Unregistered
10-13-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE=Unregistered]Is allí un convertidor para los archivos audio verdaderos del rmj a mp3 archiva el convertidor audio verdadero que descargo aparezco solamente manejar el ra, el ram, el rm files?[/QUOTE ]

ChristinaS
10-13-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE=Unregistered]Is allí un convertidor para los archivos audio verdaderos del rmj a mp3 archiva el convertidor audio verdadero que descargo aparezco solamente manejar el ra, el ram, el rm files?[/QUOTE ]
Trate de cambiar la extension del nombre desde .rmj a .rm o .ra y trate de convertirlo una vez más con el programa dMC .

Si no funciona, a veces se puede quemar un disco audio y después convertir las pistas con el programa dMC Audio CD Input o dMC.

Unregistered
10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
download the "real media" input codec from codec central on dbpoweramp's website then you will have to rename all of your rmj files to *.ram. Worked for me, fairly tedious but better than rereading all of the cds, as that's how most people seem to end up with rmjs.

ChristinaS
10-14-2004, 02:12 PM
download the "real media" input codec from codec central on dbpoweramp's website then you will have to rename all of your rmj files to *.ram. Worked for me, fairly tedious but better than rereading all of the cds, as that's how most people seem to end up with rmjs.
Not *.ram but maybe *.rm.

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi !!

I've read most of threads about "rmj converting" topic and i've still got this f*****g problem : i've renamed .rmj file in either .ra or .rm or .ram in order to make those files recognized by bd amp converter (with the ra codec installed).Then when i want it to convert those recognized files to mp3, it didn't work at all :the program told a thing like " the codec nedeed to open <filename> files could'nt be opened".
I think there should have a link with the fact that i don' t want to install anyreal media player cause i don' t want it on my computer.But i've read that real one isn't needed to allow bdamp converter to do its job...

So if anyone could help me, I'll be so happy.
Thanks a lot

Pierrot

ChristinaS
10-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi !!

I've read most of threads about "rmj converting" topic and i've still got this f*****g problem : i've renamed .rmj file in either .ra or .rm or .ram in order to make those files recognized by bd amp converter (with the ra codec installed).Then when i want it to convert those recognized files to mp3, it didn't work at all :the program told a thing like " the codec nedeed to open <filename> files could'nt be opened".
I think there should have a link with the fact that i don' t want to install anyreal media player cause i don' t want it on my computer.But i've read that real one isn't needed to allow bdamp converter to do its job...

So if anyone could help me, I'll be so happy.
Thanks a lot

Pierrot

You have to install Real Player or at the very least Real Alternative. There's no getting away from it.

xoas
10-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Pierrot:
Here are the instructions for using the dBpowerAMP Music Converter's RealAudio Codec:

Requires RealAudio v8 Installed [rp8-setup.exe, or from OldVersion]
I have been informed that Real Alternative 1.11 can be used instead of RealAudio v8.
When Converting the % bar will remain at 0%, the computer will 100% and conversion will take exactly the length of the audio file

The other possibility is to play your RealAudio track in whatever program will play it and record it off of your sound card using dB Auxilary Input.

While I share your preference for not wanting any Real media programs, there are precious few, if any, alternatives if you want to handle files in their rather proprietary format.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Thank you Chritina and Mike.I'm actually downloading real alternative 1.28 in order to see if it works.I ' ll give u news about this later !!!

Pierrot

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 05:24 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOORAYYYYYYYYY

IT WORKS !! I've downloaded real alternative 128 and installed ONLY real audio codecs so my computer can now recognize .rm and convert them !!

Thank you very very much to Christina and Bill( sorry for for name erratum above,misread!!)

Pierrot (who's now going to make his ears explode !!!)

xoas
10-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Great! Thanks for letting us know it turned out ok.

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

ChristinaS
10-30-2004, 05:44 PM
LOL! You're welcome! :smile2:

BTW, if your hatred of Real Player comes from it's typical way of hijacking media types (as do most players actually), you can control that quite easily from Real Player >Tools > Preferences > Configure > Media Types and select any or none of the media types you want Real Player to be the default player for. You can also disable the automatic update it loves to perform which resets all those preferences. You can do the same thing with most players and in the end they can all live happily on your system so you have them handy if the need arises. Let's face it, if ever you have problems with the real media type, using Real Player will determine at least if the problem lies with the file or not. Besides it is able to tell you information about the file that you may not be able to get in any other way. Furthermore it is necessary in order to play any real media off the web which is served via a .smil file. I'm not sure if Real Alternative can do the same, it might, I have never tried it.

mack
11-04-2004, 07:21 AM
have it want it???it is called Mini-streamRipper or "FairStars Audio Converter AudioConverter. there you go.you will need to also download real player if you don't have it.

any thing else???