PDA

View Full Version : Norton rejecting r14.3 download as unsafe! Malware aboard?

wondermouse
01-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Just tried to download my registered copy of dBpoweramp Reference R14.3 (Family Pack Upgrade) only for Norton (up to date 360) to delete it saying it's infected with WS.Reputation.1

Is this correct? If so could it please be replaced by a clean copy?

Thanks

Mark

bhoar
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Mark: this is a special case flag with Norton, the WS.Reputation.1 notification isn't technically a malware notification, but rather an alarm that the software does not recognize Illustrate's installer.

See here for more information: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Clarification-on-WS-Reputation-1-detection/td-p/232155

Brendan

wondermouse
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Mark: this is a special case flag with Norton, the WS.Reputation.1 notification isn't technically a malware notification, but rather an alarm that the software does not recognize Illustrate's installer.

Brendan

Ive never had a problem before, and I didn't have any problem installing the Beta version, but I can't see how to make Norton allow me to run 14.3 before it deletes it!

I believe that you can contact Norton to ensure they don't throw up fake positives, but in the meantime, is there a workaround?

Mark

bhoar
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
The workaround is linked from the link I posted.

Brendan