PDA

View Full Version : My cdw drive is not see

zevele1
08-18-2003, 07:45 AM
I have a new Plextor drive.
Set at drive I.

CDW does not see it.
MusiMatch ,MediaJukebox and Nero see it and burn without a problem.

Plextor CD-R PX-W 4012A

Any tip to solve it?

Unregistered
08-18-2003, 07:48 PM
I have a new Plextor drive.
Set at drive I.

CDW does not see it.
MusiMatch ,MediaJukebox and Nero see it and burn without a problem.

Plextor CD-R PX-W 4012A

Any tip to solve it?

JVILLAS
08-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Sorry about my earlier reply (A blank) Hi Zevele1, I have been using the same Plextor drive you have for a while now without any problems. When Spoon introduced the cdwriter, I've been using it regularly. My OS is XPsp1., is there a chance we are using the same OS?

zevele1
08-19-2003, 04:20 AM
Thank you.

I'am on Windows 2000 ,and may jump to XP as soon as i have enought time for a clean install.

Look like that the problem is where the drive is. Drive I.

I know for sure that EasyCd Creator does not see any drive past letter F or G.

I really do not want to change my Drives order . Maybe Spoon can fix this limitation.

Well ,if it is on his side that there is a problem ,of cause.

Look like i may spend my 30 days trial not able to try the program...

RossRoy
08-19-2003, 09:58 AM
I don't think the fact that your burner is set as drive I has anything to do with CD Writer not seeing your drive. I just tested it, and CD Writer sees my writer without a problem. Actually, it sees both my writer without a problem (they are drive I and J).

Drive I is a Plextor PX-W4012A (same as you) and Drive J is a LG DVDRAM GMA 4020B... both are seen without a problem.

Now, writing on my Plextor gives random "command failed" errors, sometimes before even starting to write, sometimes while it is writing, and other times during what I guess would be the disc closing.

And now, for the first time ever, a full write has completed successfully on my Plextor!

Oh and I'm running WinXP Pro SP1.

Spoon
09-02-2003, 06:11 PM
If you would like to try My CD Ripping program (dBpowerAMP Music Converter - Audio CD Input), does that see the drive? It might help find the problem.

zevele1
09-04-2003, 06:18 PM
If you would like to try My CD Ripping program (dBpowerAMP Music Converter - Audio CD Input), does that see the drive? It might help find the problem.

Look like it is a "ghost in the machine" problem ,and not one on your side.

Going to open the beast and make a clean install soon.

But ,yes ,this drive is see by DMC.
Not sure the trial period still going on ,so i will check after the clean install.

Thank you for answering ,hope you had good time in Spain