PDA

View Full Version : Inaccurate rip but consistent (green) CRC

Mant
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
I ripped a classical CD of mine from a boxset and, as OFTEN seems to occur with classical CDs that have been reissued two or three times (different years, different covers, more discs, recompiled etc) just one of the tracks (it's often just one) the last track came back as Inaccurate, with the same confidence (14) as the other tracks had received for their accurate rips.

However, I get the same green CRC each time I rip the track - EVEN on a different drive. To me, it doesn't make sense that this would occur if the disc was faulty and, as I say, this often seems to occur on reissued classical CDs. For example, I had a CD where, yet again, just one track came back as inaccurate. Again, it returns the same CRC even in a different drive AND interestingly this track is twenty seconds longer than on an earlier edition as, for reasons best known to the label, the track has twenty seconds of silence at the end!

Is this a flaw in accurate rip? What does all the above denote?

Spoon
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Try toggling c2 pointers on / off

Mant
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
No idea how you do that!!

Mant
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok, tried the c2 pointers, as my drive is able to work with them (or whatever the right expression is). Now none of the tracks are accurate!!

Mant
11-09-2012, 02:17 PM
What I meant is that I've enabled them.

Spoon
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Can you try your other drive with c2 pointers.

Mant
11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Can you try your other drive with c2 pointers.

From what I've read turning c2 pointers on is unlikely to make your drive scan/read/rip better. If anything, it makes the process more complex. Can you explain why you think this will fix the issues I am having? My belief at present is that accurate rip gets quite confused with CDs that have been reissued/recompiled a number of times, as classical recordings often have. I know from your point of view accurate rip and the accurate rip system is flawless, and that's understandable, but could it be that there ARE anomalies with the results it gives?

Spoon
11-11-2012, 07:48 AM
C2 are an extra layer of self verification, but with your other drive they were not working at all.