PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP and blind users

aasinger
05-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi all.
I am a blind user using a screen reader to access dBpowerAMP. Though the program is quite accessible, I'm having a bit of difficulty in changing the bitrate when encoding in .ogg. I can't find the graphic to click on to make this change. I can change the frequency, but not the bitrate, whhich is currently at 192 K. Can this be done with the keyboard? If so, how? If not, where do I click on the screen to change the bitrate?
Thanks in advance.
Aman Singer

Spoon
05-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately the bitrate is on a control that cannot get/focus or be read from with a screen reader.

aasinger
05-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Hi.
What kind of control is it, and how is it manipulated? Very few controls are absolutely unusable by the reader. If this is one of them,, would the authors considder putting in a keyboard command to set the vorbus encoding bitrate? That is, could I hit alt+1 to set it to 128, alt+2 to set it to 160, and so on?

Originally posted by Spoon
Unfortunately the bitrate is on a control that cannot get/focus or be read from with a screen reader.

Spoon
05-15-2002, 04:05 PM
It is a custom control - just a graphic bar that is clicked on...

aasinger
05-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Hi.
Ok, may I ask if the setting is saved somewhere? That is, if it's in an .ini file, in the registry, or in some other human readable form somewhere on the HD? Further, is the vorbus encoder compatable with the Audio Compression Manager in Windows? That is, can I save from a sound program to ogg with the ACM?
Thanks.
Aman

Originally posted by Spoon
It is a custom control - just a graphic bar that is clicked on...

Spoon
05-15-2002, 04:28 PM
In the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\

DMCOggBitRate

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C odec\Ogg Vorbis\CDInput

if you are ripping an audio CD. I don't think ogg vorbis is compatible with ACM - you might want to check on www.vorbis.com someone might have a ACM Ogg codec there.

aasinger
05-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Hi.
This is great, thanks. I see, in the registry, that the value is c0, which is 192. Would you be so good as to give me all the options for bitrate? I can find the hex values, but I'm just looking for the options.
Secondly, is a keyboard command possible to change the bitrate for .ogg files in some future version of the program?
Thanks.
Aman

Spoon
05-16-2002, 02:24 AM

It is on my to do list to make all programs more accessible.