PDA

View Full Version : USERskin-part de-activation order

BestRip
08-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi,

Here is a request... I would like for dAP to handle skin parts added by user to be deactivated in reverse order, with a delay enough for it not to be left in a "hanging in the air" state.
A good example of what I'd like to be handled differently is on BestRip CDRed... if the "top line" players track is highlighted (blue mini-CD active) while the "top line" is being de-activated the "track" skin part will be hanging there until the line has disappeared out to the right on the screen...
If dAP were to de-activate those parts added on a USERskin in reverse order first, the appearence would be much more professional I think. I'd like to be abe to use this facility on my skins (think Narler has mentioned this also before).
I'll try to make a clear suggestion of how I think it would be possible to implement and the rules for it:

1. The USER* skins should have USER* SUB-skins (like "USER*X SUB A, B, C..." for example).
2. If USER*X SUB A is active when USER*X is deactivated, dAP should FIRST deactivate the USER*X SUB A - skin part and only after that (allowing for any slide function to act out) deactivate the USER*X, AND making a note to dAP that the USER*X SUB A should be activated again when USER*X is accessed the next time.
3. If USER*X is not activated and the user tries to access a USER*X SUB A from a USER*Y skin dAP should not display only USER*X SUB A for a second or so as it does now, but only pass the parameter to dAP to access USER*X SUB A the next time USER*X is being accessed.

All in all I guess it could be viewed as an automatic reversed deactivation order?

To all other skinners: Do you agree this is desirable? Have I forgotten/overlooked anything in how this works?

donny
08-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes, this could be good... I have fought with this problem several times, and I ussually tried to "hide" it by selecting diferent types of apearing so that the dissapearing would be as invisible as it can. But that can't be used everytime, and it doesn't always make the desired effect.
To sum it up - I agree.