PDA

View Full Version : Lite-On iHDS118 doesn't work with dBpoweramp, but fine with iTunes

windward
07-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi!

To finally rip my CD collection I connected a seldom used Lite-On iHDS118. Ripping capabilities should be fine, C2 etc, and with iTunes the drive works just fine. But with dBpoweramp the ripping starts, drive spins up, then down, fails for track after track.
Any idea to get this drive to work properly with dBpoweramp?

Thanks & best regards,

Martin

Spoon
07-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Disable C2, iTunes would not be using it either.

windward
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Disable C2, iTunes would not be using it either.
I think I even configured Burst Mode while trying to get it to work...
But I'll carefully check all settings first and ensure C2 is not used. Thanks for your quick response!!

[ BTW, is this just a prob with Lite-On drives and C2? Would you consider C2 support to be unnecessary when choosing a drive as ripping device? ]
Obsoleted, just read the answer in PedroT99's thread

windward
07-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Thanks man! That was exactly the right hint, drive rips perfectly now.
Is there any chance to limit the drive speed? The settings dialog doesn't offer anything but "maximum". Would love to limit to 16x or the like.

Cheers,
Martin

Spoon
07-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Modern drives rip more accurately at higher speeds.

windward
07-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Modern drives rip more accurately at higher speeds.
With AccurateRip I'm not really worried about accurancy, thanks to dBpoweramp. :-)
I'd just like to reduce the noise and maybe(?) extend the drive lifetime. It get's quite warm while ripping, so I (have to) let it cool down after a few CDs. Thougth that would get better if I could limit it to 16x or the like.

Spoon
07-30-2012, 10:34 AM
fair enough :)