PDA

View Full Version : Registered, tried everything -- DOES NOT WORK!!!

Kroy
08-01-2003, 12:31 PM
I installed Music Converter two years ago, but could not get it to work. I now have a new system (AMD 2100+, Windows 98 still) and new CD writer (Lite-on 32x12x40), downloaded and installed the newest version of Converter, Power Pack, and most popular codecs, but still the same problem.

I also installed the latest version of ASPI (4.71), ran ASPI check to verify, and installed DCOM from this site. (The other item is up-to-date.)

I uninstalled Converter and reinstalled it. No luck.

When I try to rip a track to wav, I get this error, no matter what I've tried so far:
CODEC decompression error for 'H:\Track01.cda'
Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.
I need a good utility like this to create custom CDS for a project, and this looks like one of the best. But how to I fix it?

I have had similar problems with other converters/rippers, but not all. I've been using another one for the time being, but want to get DMC working.

Thanks!

Kroy

Spoon
08-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Try using the program 'Audio CD Input' it will better tell the errors (in that program click 'Options' and see if you can select the CD Drive).

Kroy
08-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Audio CD Input just says "Insert Audio CD." Doesn't do anything else.

Correction -- I did have to select the drive in Options. Got the list of tracks, but when I selected "Convert this track only," I got the following message:
Unable to create compression CODEC 'Test Conversion (No Write)', please check software installation.

Interestingly, the utility that I'm using now that works (until I get yours working) is CD Roller. I believe it installs it's own ASPI drivers.

I just installed the latest version of ASPI from Adaptec over them and tried DMC again, but no luck.

Ok, just tried another ripper, CDMaster from Zittware. Worked perfectly (.cda to .wav). That's two out of three. But yours is the way to go, if I can get it working!

Just tried another -- EZ CD Ripper. Worked ok, no problems.

Spoon
08-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Are you able to convert to wave?

Kroy
08-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Are you able to convert to wave?

That's what I'm trying to do. (To compile CDs).

I haven't tried the other formats.

JVILLAS
08-04-2003, 03:04 PM
I installed Music Converter two years ago, but could not get it to work. I now have a new system (AMD 2100+, Windows 98 still) and new CD writer (Lite-on 32x12x40), downloaded and installed the newest version of Converter, Power Pack, and most popular codecs, but still the same problem.

I also installed the latest version of ASPI (4.71), ran ASPI check to verify, and installed DCOM from this site. (The other item is up-to-date.)

I uninstalled Converter and reinstalled it. No luck.

When I try to rip a track to wav, I get this error, no matter what I've tried so far:
CODEC decompression error for 'H:\Track01.cda'
Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.
I need a good utility like this to create custom CDS for a project, and this looks like one of the best. But how to I fix it?

I have had similar problems with other converters/rippers, but not all. I've been using another one for the time being, but want to get DMC working.

Thanks!

Kroy
Hi KROY,try reading the Radified Guide site I got through a link on the Monkey's Audio, when there read the pages about aspi driver. I was about to update my aspi driver until I read these pages, He had updated his aspi to 4.71 and found that it did not work, he did not know why it just would not work, so he rolled it back to 4.60 and everything was fine after that. This is just a guess you might want to try. Plus there is alot more jnfo.that you might find helpful. ;)

Kroy
08-06-2003, 01:36 PM
so he rolled it back to 4.60 and everything was fine after that. This is just a guess you might want to try. Plus there is alot more jnfo.that you might find helpful. ;)

Thanks for that info!. I rolled back to 4.60 with forceaspi, but same problem.

This isn't looking too good. I already paid the $20 (thinking that maybe the add-on would fix it), but I'm thinking that this isn't going to work. Is there anything that someone knows that could get this working, or maybe I could get a refund? (I wish it would work!!! It looks like a great bunch of utilities for what I'm doing, if I could just get it working!)

Thanks!

Kroy

Spoon
08-06-2003, 05:00 PM
I can refund, send a personal message with the name used to register.

JVILLAS
08-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Kroy,I had a problem similar to yours when I was using EAC.I had to un- install EAC and then go into my registry and also clean that up. I downloaded EAC once again and it worked just fine. This is just another guess, but it seems that you've tried just about everything else, best of luck I really want to see you get dmc working for you. julio